follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » People & Society » Fireworks
31 Aug 2009
Michael
Fireworks

Someone please remind the Italian locals around Support Site that 07:00am in the morning just isn't really the time to fire off fireworks. Not to mention someone please also remind them that they look apealing in the night what use are they in the day time anyhow. Waking people up early in the morning around here for that nonsense is just obsurd! Well just wanted to get that out hope everyone agrees. Thanks.

It probally will not happen but someone should be notified about that its getting old!

31 Aug 2009
Chad
User Banned
I agree!

Not to mention these fireworks are unique and have a bigger bang than most, which sound more like mortars and automatic weapons than anything else. What's the point of shooting them off in the day anyway, especially that early in the morning?

31 Aug 2009
Cristina
It makes sense...to them!

I asked and they said they weak you up early for you to celebrate whatever Saint needs to be celebrated...I guess it is an alarm clock for the whole city.

Didn't I see you guys in the procession? :-)

31 Aug 2009
Angela
More than 50 messages post
Remember we are in their country.

We need to be open minded and tolerant of other cultures. Just because you do not do this where you are from is no reason to be hateful to someone else's culture and religon.

After all, why did you come here if you didnt want to experience something new??

Please remember we are a guest in their country and we need to understand that people do things different than Americans, or any where else.

You wouldnt like it if someone came to your house and trashed your way of life, you shouldnt do it to others.

31 Aug 2009
Michael
Fireworks

Well the issue is I was just wondering why it was neccessary, I really didn't ask for you or anyone to actually go about explaining culture to me because quite frankly I believe Italians have more to thier culture then just fireworks. And I have been to many places all over the world and expirence thier cultures however, I guess this is just different. Problem is its 7am in the morning and people sleep maybe some are getting up for work but others are sleeping. Also I found out there is a festival going on in Gricignano so that is the reason why this is taken place. I will keep my commments to myself about somethings because you obviously took me the worng way and I in no way trying to mock the Italians. I just don't agree with it but that doesn't mean it will change I understand we are in thier country. Remember some people that came here didn't come here by choice either it was more because the military wanted them here. Thanks have a good day!

31 Aug 2009
Cristina
It is not about nationalities

Well, I am italian..and still upset about the fireworks...sometime.

I think it is more about tolerance , as Agela said, than nationality.

I did not get offended by your comment Michael, especialy after your second post. Have a good night guys!!!!

31 Aug 2009
Angela
IS this discussion really needed??

I mean come on, this is really childish, you want them to bend to YOUR rules?? I mean yeah its annoying but do we really expect a whole country/culture to change just because we dont like it??

You dont have to like it but you dont really have to come on a board and complain about it either.

Just be glad they are fireworks... some people in this world dont have the same certainty.

31 Aug 2009
Michael
Fireworks

Enough already said no reason to argue here I just was trying to voice my concern but its starting to get to people. I'm very pleased to be in Italy and no problems with thier choices for celebrations just thought I express how I felt no biggy. Thanks for everyone that seemed to care as well this blog is over. :)

01 Sep 2009
Angela
Constructive Advice

The way it was said was not commenting, it was complainig and wanting to "notify the locals". I mean what do you really think is going to happen? You think the base or anyone else for that matter is going to go door to door asking people not to set off fireworks so that the Americans can sleep??

Like I said, yeah its annoying, my dogs hate the fireworks and bark at them which causes more noise but coming on a community board and "notifying" everyone is not the way to deal with it.

If the poster had said, "you know I FEEL like i cant sleep because of the fireworks, who else FEELS the same" then that is telling how you feel. Coming on here to complain and whine and want people to be notified that you are not happy is not good for anyone.

I just dont understand the need to get on here and bash. All I asked is that we remember that we are in thier country, whether you wanted to be here or not.

If you have an issue with your neighbors, how bout learning enough italian to ask them nicely not to shoot off fireworks at 2 am? If you are on support site, how bout you go to housing and explain that you cant sleep where you are because of the fireworks? Maybe there is something CONSTRUCTIVE they could do. Coming here and bashing is not the answer. And yes I write this as fireworks are going off near my home too.

01 Sep 2009
Lori
Fireworks

I'd rather hear fireworks than guns, which is what we heard in the states all the time. I also prefer fireworks to people who still believe the soccer fields and my front yard are their own private dog walk, where they can bring their dogs, but never a plastic bag :(

01 Sep 2009
david
Response to Fireworks

Why would someone want to complain about what the Italian's do in their own country. Have you forgotten that you are in their country? We need to get use to what their customs and traditions are. It's not the other way around. American's always think everyone else should conform to them. That's why most of the world hates us in the first place. Stop complaining about the fireworks and think about learning the Italian culture. I don't hang out with any American's here because of their attitudes like this. Wake up people, it get's old quick.

04 Sep 2009
Jaime
I thought it was cool.

Much nicer than Disney. Sure it was late, but really how often does happen? That close, that loud or that early? I've been here since May, I think it was the first time at 0700 on a saturday since I have been here. I'd like a schedule so I can have some friends and wine dring the show.