follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » People & Society » Non-military group of Engl-spking women in Naples
11 Jun 2009
Tricia
Non-military group of Engl-spking women in Naples

Sat.morning 13 June, Episcopal Christ Church hall, downtown Naples, the American Women's Club of Naples would love to meet you for coffee, chat, and informal get-together. The members will also be voting to change our name to the American-International Women's Club, to reach out to even more English-speaking women in the area. You can join us for pizza afterwards if you want.

Besides monthly get-togethers, we have day trips to local sights, pizza evenings, seminars, bus trips to wineries, and more!

Get in touch to receive news of new year's activities starting Sept. For info call Tricia (081 5604483) or Jackie (081 5090265).

04 Aug 2010
Lisa
Re: Non-military group of Engl-spking women in Naples

When and where is your next meeting? I did not arrive until the end of June, so missed this meeting.

06 Aug 2010
KB

So military women aren't allowed? Kind of off-putting....

06 Aug 2010
Dominique

I doubt that it excludes Military wives, as the majority of the community IS military. To be honest it is nice to have a group getting together that is not solely military, as those of us who are here as civilians/DOD/ and the spouses of Civilian contractors and usually are not included in the "Wives clubs" organizations here, have the ability to meet other women and experience things together. There is a larger english speaking community here than just military (As I have personally met other Americans working for companies here in Italy, that have NO community to draw from as they are not allowed access to the bases.) It should not be off putting, but an opportunity to meet other Americans/English speaking individuals who can all experience Italy together. 

09 Aug 2010
KB

I didn't mean military wives, I meant military women. Sounds like if the woman is active duty she isn't included in this group...at least that is the way the subject name sounds. Just curious what's wrong with women in the military that they shouldn't be included? Why not call it English-Speaking Women in Naples? Why make it sound as though they are discluding women that happen to be active duty here?