follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Animals and Pets » DOG OWNER HARASMENT
09 Jan 2013
Mamie
DOG OWNER HARASMENT

Not all dog owners are irresponsible, please do not harass someone's spouse because you are ignorant take the moment to inquire as to what is the issue and offer assistance if needed! To be threating and to insult someone is not the correct way to address the problem/issue, just call security!  I am sure that there are other pet owners who have been harassed by people such as you! The majority of pet owners are very responsible with their pets; please do not categorize us with the other 1 percent who is not. 

10 Jan 2013
David
More than 50 messages post
Re: DOG OWNER HARASMENT

Well not to generalize, but your story is vague; The individual is probably reacting to the normal behavior they receive when confronting irresponsible dog owners.  I personally have asked several owners, who bring their dogs into our building area, to pick up their dogs poop.  I get anything from "oh I did not know he was going to poop" to "oh he didn't poop" to "Go F-yourself".  I mean, do they not make plastic bags like they used to?  They used to be light so you carry one or even two if your pet poops.  Don't even get me started on how much dog poop my kids have brought home and tracked up the stairs and into the house from playing in the grass.  I have even stepped in it right under our terrace window calling up to my wife, and no one in the building owns a dog.There is definitely more than the 1 percent.  I regularly see people and their dogs in the fenced in child play areas and have recently seen a few unleashed dogs on base.  Why should I have to call security to handle a violation when I should just be able to remind my fellow neighbors to do their due diligence.I agree that both side should be able to talk calmly with each other, but that is not the normal case.

11 Jan 2013
Ron

Over near  our  bldg 2153 youd think people living here never heard of poop bags. Im so tired of being one of the rare few to pick up there dogs poo. I too always   step in it when walking my dog poop bag in hand. Its frustrating as I know people who read this will say TOUGH

11 Jan 2013
Mamie

Who wants to step in a big pile of POOP ?That is NOT what I am speaking of. I have had 2 people on separate occasions stop there car get out and harass me. I have "bags on board" I buy them out on the economy. Last year spring time I went for a bag to find my little container attached to my leash empty.(Mind you I have a 6 pound dog tiny little rabbit poo).The dog station the SS provids was in front of me. So I start walking to the station to get a bag and snag a few extra. A man stops gets out the car and starts screaming half a block away "To go get my dogs sh*t". He yells a few more vulgar things at me.He then stalks me watching to make sure I pick it up. Now again this week I walked in a child fenced area to throw my drink in the trash. I see a young boy walking with his dog toward the park.I waited a moment to let the boy pass with his dog the young boy wanted to chat about dogs what kind mine are what kind his was on and on.I was polite waiting for the boy to keep going and I to go in the other direction across the park and out the other gate. My dog is rude barks and pulls toward other dogs she is harmless just rude unfortunately. A man stops his car gets out tells me how wrong I am.Now my dog was on a leash/shots/tags I had dog poop bags on my leash. I was not doing wrong nor was my dog pooping.That is really the issue. I should be able to use whatever trashcan I want or just sit on the closest park bench for what ever the reason being.I should be able to do this without the fear of verbal harassment. I did not take my dog in the child area to POOP.As he so stated that " his kids would be rolling in my dogs poop later" Not all the play areas are fenced. Who takes the dogs to the playgrounds fenced or not to poop? I promise you its not me. I see mothers & fathers with the kids and the family dog playing in the fenced in park regularly around my building. It is alittle slice of americana. I welcome seeing things like that.

14 Jan 2013
Michael

Yes they do make plastic bags, and they are posted all over the SS. Very convenient and very free. I am also a dog owner and take full advantage of the free bags. I am still amazed (although I shouldn't be) every time i step in a big ol pile dog shit. The laziness is astounding. If i see you walk away from your dogs steaming pile, don't be surprised when you find on your door mat shortly thereafter!

21 Jan 2013
Jessie

I am so glad that I am not the only one who is overly frustrated over this issue. We have two small dogs and always pick up after them so it's very irritating when we almost step into another dog's pile or even worse our dog starts to sniff or try to eat the other dog's feces! Dogs can spread disease this way, it's unhealthy for them and disgusting to those of us who want to walk freely without fear of our dog sniffing at or eathing things they shouldn't or getting poop on our shoes. That being said, I think a few tips would be helpful,
- teach your kids that its mandatory to pick up after the dog if they're the one walking them
- When it's dark out, walk your dog where the streetlights are so you can find where your dog pooped, or take a flashlight and make sure you have a bag available if need be.We happen to have a little leash attachment that hangs from the handle and holds baggies, and even refill them with the ones made available by the base. I wonder sometimes if we shouldn't mandate everyone have one of these so there's never an excuse not to have a bag. I even joke with my husband that we should have a vigilante crew of people that are able to write tickets if we fully witness someone committing this violation. No one cares if there aren't repercussions, and getting yelled at doesn't seem to work on people that don't care, i mean obviously, why would it?!... they don't care to pick up their own dog's poop!

24 Jan 2013
Ron

There is always "big dog" poop over near my building that someone refuses to pick up (bldg. 2153 ) HINT HINT...also,there so many cigarette buds all over the ground outside my balcony (from above me ).Its disgusting !!   WHY ARE PEOPLE SO INCONSIDERATE ?????