follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Sport & Recreation » calling all bass fishermen!!!
14 Sep 2012
scott
calling all bass fishermen!!!

how many people came here from the states wanting to do a little fishing? i know i did. finding out the laws and rules just to go has been a headache. i know i have only been here for less then a month but because i love fishing so much i found a spot to go. its only bass fishing but its better than nothing. here it is. feel free to google map the lake to see what it looks like or even how to get there. really close to Support Site. i think its only a 25 minute drive from there.Hyppo Kampos Resort Via Mezzagni, 81030 Castel Volturno Caserta, Italy +39 0823 764628 () ‎ · hyppokampos.it

i have been talking to them on FB and here is some info you might want to know.

- only bass in the lake.

- no license needed.

- 10€ to fish for the day.

- if you want to rent a paddle boat (pedalò) its 1€ for half an hour for each person. during the week they are free.

- catch and release ONLY.

- respect the other fishermen

hope this helps out all my fellow fishermen. let me know how the fishing is.

if you need to buy fishing equipment stop by this place. i left all mine back in the states so i need to get all new stuff.

Decathlon Italia Srl

Via Santa Maria a Cubito 

80014 Giugliano In Campania, Province of Naples, Italy

081 818 1671

good luck fishing and keep me updated!!!

16 Sep 2012
scott
Re: calling all bass fishermen!!!

GREAT NEWS EVERYBODY!!! went there today and had 14 bass and my friend had 9. not the biggest in size but still a bass. they told me over the phone they had paddle boats. they do but only 3 or 4 for the whole lake. they said we could use a kayak but i dont think it would work for the fishing. we used a few differnt things and seems like everything was working. we used plastic lizerds, shollow crank baits, pliastic worms, frogs, and a few other things. at the end of the day we say a huge bass a few feet from the shore. not really much shore line to fish from but you can find some good spots. let me know if anybody has any luck.

18 Sep 2012
John

Holy crap!  Thank you for the info.  I would like to go out some time.  I have some of my rods here with me and a few plastics, cranks, topwaters and such.  I usually fish for redfish, trout and flounder but I still love fishing for bass.  I usually use bait cast reels but I have a few  open faced ones too.  Thanks for the update. Is there someone at the resort that you spoke to specifically?  I just google mapped the resort and it's really close-20minutes away.  Now I have the itch to go fishing and I'll even skip work to do it, not really, I shift work so I get days off during the week.  If you would like to head out one day please send me a message.  If not, just point me in the right direction and I'll go out and send you a report.  John

19 Sep 2012
scott

john,glade to hear that someone is into fishing out here. i have been keeping in touch with HK on FB and they are having a day just for bass fishing on 07OCT12. if you want to talk more about going out there hit me up on my email. i would post my number but dont need everyone knowing that.kraonproduction@yahoo.comi work M-F 0800-1600 i know we have differnt times of work but think it would be cool to show you the lake. not the biggest fish in the world but we did see a monster bass so i have the itch to get back out there. im hoping to buy a car this friday. my pole and tackle is at my friends house so ill have to pick it up or all three of us can go. we will figure something out. dont forget about the 07OCT12.

20 Sep 2012
scott

good day to all you fishermen. went out fishing with my friend today and for the few hours we went it was great. with in 2 1/2 hours he pulled in 11 and i got 7. not bad for a end of the day. we left right as the sun was setting. the fish are still small but still worth going. nobody was there so it was nice. cant wait to go again. let me know if anybody goes.

23 Sep 2012
scott

another fishing report for everybody. we out today with John and his little girl. had a great time and lets just say i couldn't remember how many fish we got. for all three of us it was well over 50 bass for about 4 1/2 hours of fishing. just wish they sold better bass gear in town. i guess its time to goon line and start buying some stiff. if anybody wants to go out on sunday the 7th they are having a bass day. dont know what it really is all about but ill be there. lit me up if anyone wants to go.

23 Sep 2012
John

Just to follow up Scott's report.  It was nice meeting him.  Lots of fish, even thought they're small they still have fight.  They are open during the week and I feel foot traffic will be a little slower.  There are still 2 other bodies of water we have not fished on.  Still have time before it gets cold.  Good luck to those on the 7th, gotta work.

27 Sep 2012
Manny

tried my luck this morning on the small pond that has the zipline and didn't catch a thing, saw some small fish and a couple of huge carp. Then i moved onto the bigger lake with the ski ramp and fished of the patio of one of the bungalows and still nothing guess the fish gods were not with me. I think i will go back and use my ultra light rod next time see if i can get lucky. It was still good to wet the line.

28 Sep 2012
scott

manny, what did you use for bait? what are you fishing for?

29 Sep 2012
Manny

i used a small rattle trap minnow, small plastic grub worm, a dark worm with neon green tail, had some hits and also a small top water frog lure, I went there around 0830 and left around 1130. which pond do you fish 

29 Sep 2012
scott

i fish both lakes. i went today. got out there about 9 and fished the big lake out on a patal boat til 2. and than fished the smaller lake for a few more hours. lost count on how many fish i got but thats not the point. we need to get you out there fishing with the right stuff. when are you going out there again? next sunday is the black bass day out there. if you want to meet up out there i can show you what im using and how im using it. you can also show me what your doing. there should be no reason to not have had one fish. the fish gods are with you but you just need to know what they like. send me your number on my yahoo acct. kraonproduction@yahoo.com and ill call you. we can talk about what baits works best and maybe meet up out at the lake and fish. i also saw John out at the lake as i was leaving. he was on a boat killing the fish the way he likes to do it. we all have our different ways but always willing to help out a fellow fishermen. hit me up!!!

29 Sep 2012
John

Welcome to the board Manny, I went today at 1500 fished the big lake off the paddle boats.  Had a really good day, pretty much caught about 20 fish on the large lake.  I used a beetle-spin with a purple/chartruese grub worm.  Majority of my fish came of a texas rigged Zoom 6 1/2" worm in Junebug.  Fished along the edges and the large weed piles in the middle of lake near the bungalow with the  kayak tied to it.  After fishing the big lake I went to the small one and caught 15.  5 off the bridge and 3 fish at each place I stopped around the lake.  It was a nice treat, the restaurant was closed so I got to fish from the deck.  Caught 4 fish there.  I usually will switch to a green pumpkin or watermelon/red worm but the Junebug was killing 'em.  I used a 1/8 oz bullet wt so it falls slow.  I'm sure you could even go weightless and let the bait fall slow.  I tried a couple of jerkbaits but didn't get any hits.  It was windy on the big lake so it made it difficult being blow all over the place.  Stlll not a bad day 35 fish in 4 hours, I left at about 1900.  I think grubs would work good there as long as they fall slow. I tried a topwater bait the first time I was out and got a few hits but keep trying other baits, next time I head out I'll try something different so I'll have variety. I use a spinning reel and 6 1/2' Medium Rod, 8 lb mono and a baitcast reel, 7' Medium light with 10 lb mono. Not sure when the next time I'll get out but I'll post a report if I do.  Good luck!

03 Oct 2012
scott

now dont forget about this sunday. OCT the 7th. Black Bass Day at Hyppo Kampos. see you there!

09 Oct 2012
scott

sorry for no updates latly.wifi here isnt all that great. so ive been fishing a few times this past week or so. the weather is cooling down and the fish are starting to slow down to. went last sunday for the black bass day. wish you all could have came. had a great time. around 0930 they talked about stuff but didnt understand a work other than black bass and fish. the tournament was teams. you had 1 1/2 hours to see who can catch the most fish. i was teamed up with george and a italian fishing team called GF Pesca. we got 22 fish and i scored 9 of them. got the 10th one right after the time ran out. didnt win anything. meet new people and hope to go out fishing with them again. found a new spot to buy fishing gear. went on monday to check out the shop. it was small but they had some good stuff. if you need to know how to get there feel free to hit me up. other than that still on the hunt for new fishing spots. good luck everyone and keep me posted on the fish.

12 Oct 2012
scott

another great day of fish on the 10th of October. sorry for the late post. went out to HK for about 4 to 5 hours and started back by the boat dock. tried some new lures and a few other things. nothing seemed to be working. i walked around to the east side of the lake to the two piers and to my supprize i saw a catfish floating in the water. it was small but still it was a catfish. it didnt look like a catfish that i have seen. it looked like a channel cat but with mud cat colors. it did have a big belly on it i guess because it was died. if there is one then they must have more. or so im hoping. think im going to try fishing for them the next time i go. i did hook into a good size bass using the dinger that seems to always work. bigger than the normal size one we get. still not the moster we all hope to get. after fishing there for a few i moved to the bridge on the smaller lake and no luck. saw a school of what looked to be good size carps. this isnt the first time i saw them swimming around. they just cruse the top of the water but never fit on any baits. with not much luck there we moved the the piers on the south side of the small lake. started pulling fish in one after another. small ones but it still was fun. by the last hour of the day we fished the mail dock when you walk in. still was hooking nice size ones on the dingger. one more suprize happen before the day was over. i hooked into a redear sunfish. good size to. didnt know that this lake has so many differnt fish in it. need to try some live bait some time. hope everyone has a great time out there and keep me posted if you get that moster bass!

14 Oct 2012
scott

did my homework and went out looking for new places to fish. looked online and had some help from a friend and found some new spots. went out saturday but because of the rain i didnt get to do any fishing. a real fisherman would have stuck it out. i know. i did get a few cast in but not like i wanted to. today me and george went to the spots i found and he really didnt feel all that safe at them so we went to GF Pesca to get some gear. ill leave the address for everyone knows where its at. we ended up seeing Giorgio down there. one of our new fishing frinds on the GF Pesca team. i guess we are apart of them now. we talked and he showed us another spot to try but we couldnt find it so we ended up at Hyppo Kampos like always. we got a boat for free today. so that was good. we hit up a few spots and tried some new gear but no luck for me. george was killing the fish left and right. i changed back to old faithful and started getting some and then all of a sudden george hooked into a good size one. took some pictures and put it back in the water. i have seen bigger bass in pictures at that lake but this was the first good size one in person. you should have seen the smile on his face. he will be talking about that bass for weeks on in. we saw a few other people out there fishing but have no idea who it was. we went out to the middle of the lake and seemed like every place we went he had luck. after that rain i figured the water would cool down and the bass would slow down to but no. all we did was change to a slower bait and that was the ticket. good luck everyone and soon as Giorgio takes us out fishing in these new spots ill be sure to let you know. here is the address to GF Pesca. its about 4 or 5 round abouts pass the Hyppo Kampos turn.GF PescaVia Domitiana, 103 - Castel Volturno (CE)tel. 339.3130757email: gfpesca@alice.it facebook gfpesca

20 Oct 2012
scott

so today i went out and tried a few new places. i muxt be doing something wrong. fished from 8 to about 1130 and nothing. not even a biat. need to look into what other people are fishing with. the only thing i have to say about the spots i went to was that there was gun fire going off every few seconds. dont know if it was the best place to be fishing but it was a new spot. maybe ill try there again. think i need to go up the river a little more.

21 Oct 2012
scott

went out to try the new spots but after driving to one spot i saw a sign i couldnt read so i left. went to the same place as yesterday but had no luck after 3 or 4 hours. saw a few in the water near the shore but couldnt get a bite. look at the trash around to see what other people have used and from what i found is a empty pack of hooks. size 18. must be the small ones. a bottle with corn in it. i emptied a little out and saw that it wasnt the soft corn you get from the cans. it was hard and wet like it they had it soaking to get them a little soft. i also saw a bobber stuck in a tree. they must be fishing for carp. think i will pass on that. after a weekend of no fish i ended up back at HK just to get my fix from not catching any. got there around 3 or 4 and hooked a few. lost a few but still hade a good time. looks like the fish are getting bigger. hope you have better luck than me if you try new spots. let me know if you do.

21 Oct 2012
John

Been awhile since I went out, last time was windy and the bite was off.  Today went out at 0930 to HK and the fishing started off slow.  I was trying different baits looking for the bigger bass.  Tried a fluke in cotton candy and caught  2 but no takers on my lucky craft suspending jerk bait.  Switched to a t-rigged worm in tequila sunrise and picked a few more small ones up in the middle of the big lake.  I went to the small pond that's connected to the big lake and didn't get any fish.  It's surprisingly deep and clear in the middle.  There were some really long long plants kinda like ivy growning from the bottom up.  There was a group of italian in the same pond that caught a couple of small ones.  Caught a couple more off the pier on the south end using a 6" yumdinger in green pumpkin.  The bass were a little bigger and I'm disappointed in the number of fish I caught today because I was trying for larger bass.  Still relaxing time on the water, didn't see Scott, must have missed each other.  I hope this weather holds up.  It was nice out today.Where are these other places you are fishing? Do you have to pay, catch and release, without license? 

22 Oct 2012
scott

John,the place i went was that river that runs through castel venturno. if you take the free way SS7 and the exit right after you go over the river and as you drive back south into town you will see a little dirt road on the east side of the road. its a little bumpy but if you take it slow you can make it down there. the water is really muddy and not many places to fish from. they have nets all down the river. you will have to see them to know what im talking about. i didnt pay anything to fish but dont know if i need a lic ether. i talked to the people at GF Pesca and they said i didnt need one. i did see some pics of big bass that got pulled from that river. just need to find my big bass. good luck.

25 Oct 2012
thomas

been looking to take my boy's fishing - thanks so much for the info!!

25 Oct 2012
scott

Thomas,  If you get a monster bass out there let us all know. Hope to see you out there. Dont forget to post how your day went. Im still on the hunt for new places so feel free to check back and see what I have to say. Take care now.

01 Nov 2012
Morgan

Wow,This is great info, just arrived here in August, and finally settled in. Brought my rods and tackle box. Can anyone provide the tomtom lat and long? Would like to link up and take my 9yo son if anyone would be interested.

01 Nov 2012
scott

01 Nov 2012
scott

Morgan,I'm always willing to go out fishing with someone new and show them around. Shot me a e-mail at kraonproduction@yahoo.com with your number and we will hit up the lake. With all this rain for the last few weeks i really havn't been out fishing. Still waiting on that monster bass from Hyppo Kampos. Just let me know when you want to go. I stay and work on capo base. If you want we can meet at the lake. Just let me know.V/R,Scott 

03 Nov 2012
John

The weather was nice today so my youngest daughter, Hannah, suggested we go fishing.  Of course, I said yes and my oldest daughter, Lindsey, came along too.  We got to HK by 1420 and wet the lines by 1430.  10 minutes into our trip and we had already caught 10 fish just off the pier in the big lake.  Suggest using 6" senko-type baits in green pumpkin with a small split shot.  I was taking fish on a 6.5" culprit worm t-rigged in tequila sunrise.  We got into a paddle boat and fished around the bungalows.  Lindsey caught the majority of the fish.  Hannah caught the biggest and I caught the first and the last fish of the day.  Ended leaving at 1730 and lost count on the numbers.  No big fish today but I hope the weather holds out, the fish were pretty aggressive and I would like to get out at least 1 more time before it gets too cold.  Good luck for those going tomorrow, I hope my report helps.

04 Nov 2012
scott

John great post. glad you had a fun time and the girls did to. i'll let you know how tomorrow turns out and as far as the new spots i have had no luck. i guess when you go out in a river what the fish are mor wild and everyone takes them home. looking to take a trip a few hours away. been looking at some spots up north. when i go ill let everyone know and it you want to go let me know.

04 Nov 2012
scott

hello everybody. so today i meet up with morgan and his family out at HK. it was a overcast day with a little wind. the water didnt look so clear but its ok. the fishing did bite at the start of the day but slowed down after a few hours. didnt use anything new but did get around 12 bass. we got rained on so we called it a day. wish it could have been a better day but maybe next time. good luck.

04 Nov 2012
Morgan

Went out today, met Scott. Had a blast great place to fish. Caught a few off a shad-rap, everything else I tried nothing. Scott was killing them off a plastic worm. Defenately returning before it gets too cold.

09 Dec 2012
scott

after a few weeks of rain and no fishing i tried my luck today. the only weekend with some sun and i get out ther and it was to windy and cold. fished about 30 minutes and left. i didnt have to pay so thats good. didnt get any bites or anything. guess its time to pack up the gear for the winter and wait for spring.

09 Apr 2013
John

Weather warmed up today, spring break for the kids and I was off so off to Hyppo Kampos for some fishing.  I haven't been since the last time I posted but thought we'd have a chance to catch some fish.  Got to the lake around 1530, sun was out but windy.  Fished off the pier for about 20 mins and nothing.  Hoped into the paddle boat and move down the bank.  It was pretty windy and difficult to manage the boat, my rod and my daughters' rods.  My oldest finally hooked up first and moved down the windy side that the sun was shining on.  I figured the water was warmer so the fish would be active.  Not a bad day on the water ended up catching 12, nothing with super size but it was great to wet a line with my kids.  We used strickly plastics 6" senkos in green pumpkin.  I had luck with a t-rigged 6.5" Zoom worm in Junebug, my favorite color.  Not a bad day for 3 hours.  Get your gear out, weather's looking nice.  Tight lines all!

09 Apr 2013
scott

GREAT POST JOHN!!! I know the weather has been warming up but was still waiting a little longer for the water to catch up. glade you had a great time. the last few times i went i got skunked. no fish so i started fishing new spots. some good and some bad. cant wait to thank my family out there soon. thanks for the update.

09 Apr 2013
John

One last thing, the water level was up.  So much so, the east lake was draining into the larger lake.  The water levels were just underneath the level of the bungalow patios.

11 Apr 2013
Jory

Hey all, I've fished Hyppo a few times and have come up with nothing. Now I'm far from a seasoned fisherman so my go to is usually night crawlers. Anyway, I'm looking for some additional spots to fish with my kids that might not cost so much. If you have any suggestions that would be great. Thanks for any help. Here's hoping the weather stays nice from here on out. 
Jory

11 Apr 2013
scott

Jory,i have been fishing a few spots and all have been free. i have fished in the castel volturno river (no luck). madragon beach only once but no luck (maybe the wrong bait). Bacoli but everytime i went the waves have been to bad. another spot in Bacoli with a short pier but still no luck. my one spot out in Castel Volturno i got what seened to be a barracuda. mostly been fishing with wadders on as the sun is coming up and been hooking into spigola (sea bass). i also hooked into a blue fish that i thought a team mate from Team GF Spin called it a Sara??? im pretty sure its a blue fish after surching the net. if you want to try some new spots shot me your number to my email. i never post my number on these type of sites. kraonproduction@gmail.com if your looking for a great place to buy your gear i know a few spots to. if you have any questions please post and myself or one of these other great fishers will be more then happy to answer it. look luck fishing and if you have luck anywhere make sure to post how it went.V/R,Scott

20 Apr 2013
scott

for all you fishermen out there. i know these spots im about to tell you about isnt for bass but still great places to try out. i emailed this info to Jory but everyone should know about these spots. if some of it sounds like im talking to someone its because i was emailing Jory.

If you go on Google and up in these numbers you should be able to pull up the spots. Use the satellite mode to get a better view of the spots.  I have spent many hours on Google maps and it helps me get a better idea of what I'm working with.

Port of Pozzuoli 40.823544,14.118009 After sunset the ships are gone and you can fish from the pier but if you walk south to 40.820881,14.118783 there is a spot you can fish from that you’re not on the rocks. You do have to jump up on to a concrete slab up it’s not too hard.  You can also walk around the rock face along this path but the only fishing you can do is from rocks. Not so good for the kids. Also there is a fishing shop by the port with a 24 hours bait vending machine. I really don’t know whats in it but its live bait. Must be what people use out there.   Bacoli 40.81668,14.072933 This spot I went to once and saw about 10 people fishing early morning with the long poles and bobbers. Don’t know what kind of bait they used but I did see one man stepping on some clams or oysters and kicking them into the water I guess to attract the fish. Look at the parking because the only parking I saw had the yellow lines. Not sure how they work but I still parked for a few.    40.788608,14.067251 Great spot I think. I never got anything along this coast yet but I have heard of people who have.  The west side of the beach there is a small strip of rocks that you can walk out onto to get a little feather out in the water. You would have to see it to understand what I mean. Maybe not the best place for the kids.    40.811162,14.043916 This pier I think would be the best spot to take the kids. No place to sit, but pop up chairs always work. The one think I did find is that if you park in the little gated area with the arm that goes up you have to buy a coin to get back out. When I went I got stuck in there because it was so early and nobody was there to get a coin from. There is the blue parking lines with one of those boxes you put the euros to get a ticket. Don’t know how to use the box yet but can’t be to hard.    Castel Volturno 40.985065,13.970572 This is the spot that I always go with Team GF Spin. I see people fishing out here from the shore and the only issue I had is when I went by myself and one set of people out there fishing and when I came back they broke into my car and store three rods and reels, broke my window, broke my door lock, stole my stereo, and popped my tire. That was only the one time but I have learned to leave everything unlocked and nothing in your car. I have got one mullet, four spigola (sea bass), and one barracuda in this spot. If you do go here drive down the dirt road to the river and make that right. Drive to the wall where it looks like they wanted to build something at one time. If you try to drive to the beach you will get stuck. I have seen it. No good.    40.958147,13.995294 I tried this spot but no luck. Saw some other people out here fishing but I walked to the end of the rocks and tried my luck. I’m using lures for most of my fishing so most the time I don’t have luck. Parking wasn’t bad.   Between Castle Volturno and Mondragon 41.075291,13.904999 This spot doesn’t look like a bad spot but it I went again I wouldn’t drive pass the end of the road right there. I tried to drive and got stuck in the sand. I spent two hours digging my car out. Not a fun day. I did try to fish for about 20 minutes but no luck.    Mondragon  41.117707,13.87284 I fished this beach with squid and shrimp and these worms that kind of looked like blood worms from the states. I was using my surfcasting pole but had no luck after a few hours. Saw about ten people out there fishing but nobody catching anything.    These are my fishing spots that I have tried other than Hyppo Kampos. I know the feeling of paying so much and only catching small bass and you can’t even take them home. What’s the fun of that? If you’re looking for a shop to buy some fishing gear stop by this place. It’s small but has everything you need.  GF Pesca 41.02244,13.950629 It’s a small shop and if you’re not looking you will pass it. It’s right before the round on the east side. When you’re heading north on that road it’s on the right side.   Hope all this info helps out. If you ever want to go out fishing with Team GF Spin just get some waders and give me a call or email. I got on Sunday mornings getting to Castel Volturno about 0500 in the morning. Just hit me up if you want to go. Sorry about the long email. Hope it helps. Don’t forget to post how your fishing been on the naples all hands page.    Good Luck, Scott

24 Aug 2013
Michael

Any of you guys still around? Looking to take my son out fishing. Have a fishing kayak and would love to head out soon.

Thanks,

Mike

24 Aug 2013
Mark

Hi Guys,

New to this forum, walked around both lakes at HK today and saw quite a few wide and small mouthed bass, and what looked like small trout on the smaller lake, but no one was fishing ! When do people start fishing again ? Has anyone been recently and any advice on good locations, I'm guessing better from a boat than from the bank.

Thanks

Mark

25 Aug 2013
Michael

We went out this morning and jumped into our kayak, put in on the south end of the larger lake. No love until we went all the way to the north end, there is a small water way that leads to a smaller lake on that end. Lots of grass. We caught 3 bass before the showers hit. Sat it out inside the eBay at that end. Son was freezing, they gave us towels and let us warm up. Even gave me a large trash bag for him so when it let up we went back to it. Caught another 7 bass. All were smallish, but a good time.

02 Oct 2013
scott

Michael and Mark,Welcome to the Forum. glade to here that you went out to HK and checked it out. just so you know im no longer in italy. i was flown back to the states because i got cancer. not the best way to end my tour there. so right before i left i found a new fishing hole which i ended up loving. it might cost a little more but has more to offer. i guess the only reason why i loved it so much is because they have american channel catfish in the lake. the lake is called Lago Domitio and the GPS is 40.886703,14.048828. the lake has close parking, snack bar, bathrooms, a small bait and tackle shop, places to BBQ, and a small boat to use. the boat is not the best but if you want to take one kid with you it works. myself and a friend went out on the boat we didnt have a issue but Max the owner asks not for to adults not to be in the boat at the same time. so it cost 15 euros to fish here and michael if you have your kayak you can go anywhere on the lake. yes the lake is kind of small but its 20 meters deep. thats about 60 ft. the lake has black bass, catfish, carp, sturgeon, and a few other types of fish. talk to max and he will tell you what fish you can keep and which ones you have to but back. here is their facebook page to check out. https://www.facebook.com/lago.domitio?fref=ts and i also made a youtube video from one of my fishing trips. sorry at the end it dark but if you kind of skip through it you will see a big catfish. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B_ZLDjERFA when i made the video it told me i wouldnt be able to see it in italy because of the music but i never had issues. hope you get to see it. enjoy your time in italy and if you want to see a video i made of HK check out this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w43Sgv3HJK4 in my videos you will see Team GF Spin. yes i was apart of a italian fishing team but it is what it is. hope you have great luck fishing and never forget to always try something new. i spent many hours looking for new spots. hope this helps you out. good luck my fellow fishermen!!!good luck,Scott

15 Oct 2013
DAVID

There is a private man made lake in Casserta for trout fishing.  You pay 9 Euro and you keep all the trout you catch.  The lake is about the size of a football field and looks like a big swimming pool.  We caught 24 trout in one day all of them keepers.  One was over 8 pounds.  Very nice people own and manage it.  It is called Circolo Arci Pesca (Pesca Sportiva) Lago Paradiso.  Not too far from the support site.  Dave

18 Oct 2013
Mark

Dave, Thanks for the heads up on the trout lake. A couple of questions: do you have an address or directions please. Also what did you catch them on? Flies, lures live bait.Many thanks & tight lines.Mark

16 Jan 2014
Joe

Scott,I am an avid fisher and outdoorsman who just arrived in Naples.  I have been doing massive amounts of research on hunting/fishing in Naples, and moreover Italy, and I was shocked and saddened to hear you left here with such bad news.  I hate cancer, it _________ sucks.  Not to be the new guy who gets personal and we've never even met, but how is your treatment going?  I've really enjoyed reading your posts and shared thoughts.  I am moving into my home in Pozzuoli this weekend.  I am living right on the water (dream come true after leaving Michigan 10 years ago and having grown up fishing the big lake) and will be attempting to do everything from fishing to catching crabs etc., and of course waterfowl hunting during the migratory season.  I hope to eventually make my way through the Italian system so I can bow hunt red deer/ boar, but that's second to fishing at the moment.So, Scott - I hope to hear from you and that you're doing well.  I wish we could've met, and maybe we still will if you come back for a visit.  For anyone else on this forum that would be interested in planning fishing (you're welcome to fish at my place in Pozzuoli and drink beers afterwards!) or hunting expeditions in Italy, please feel free to respond on this post or email me at JoeBrown3333@gmail.com.Really feel like I'm back home for the first time since moving - this is great everyone - thank you.
V/R
Joe

08 Jul 2016
jason

Any of you guys still here?? I am new here 2 weeks boots on ground looking for info on fishing here. The hyppo Kampos Resort looks promising just wondering if anyone has been recently ??

23 Mar 2017
Alexander
Question to all fishingmen

I've been here in January 2017 and look for opportunities for fishing.

There are places on the shores, do not ask for lakes.

Are there any fishing groups?