follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » People out there can I get your opinion ?
30 Jun 2012
umberto
People out there can I get your opinion ?

I 've lived in Virginia Beach for fourteen yrs, I ve managed several restaurants, and I would like to open up a place here in the area of Aversa, a place that offers food that you can find only in the States. Menu: BUFFALO STYLE CHICKEN WINGS , N.Y STYLE PIZZA,CALZONE,STROMBOLI,GARLIC KNOTS, FRIED OR GRILLED  JUMBO SHRIMP,CLAM CHOWDER,MUSSEL LUCA BRAZZI,FRIED CALAMARI, ANTIPASTO SALAD, CEASAR SALAD, TUNA SALAD,COLD AND HOT SUB, and much more. In the restaurant there will be tv on in english,music on request,country,new wave.We can have  happy hour,or monday night football special, whatever you want, we will take suggestions, and of course I will be there and I speak american and Italian. We will pick and maybe delivery too.What do you think, people out there can I have your opinion ?

01 Jul 2012
jennifer
Re: People out there can I get your opinion ?

I think that is a great idea. I been out here since June 2008 I know that on base does not really give a good option for american food. The food court has KFC, AW, Taco Bell and subway. And there is the bowling alley which is really not alot of food. There is on resturant on base Bambusa that has been open for little over a year. I know that the only place that will deliver is the bowling aley if you order a pizza and wings. The people who are on duty aka the hosptial get sick of the same things and some cant leave to get food. When there is a holiday nothing is open so people in the barracks are kinda screwed for food. All they have is a range and a microwave. I will be leave here in Oct. If you have any questions let me know and I can ask around about some more opions. Most of the places near here is italian. there is one japanese place by the train station.

02 Jul 2012
EJ

I think the biggest thing if you are wanting to have Americans frequent your place is that if the food is going to be American food then it needs to taste like American food and not American food that is flavored for Italians--otherwise, it's going to be a hard sell.

02 Jul 2012
umberto
Re: Re: People out there can I get your opinion ?

jennifer wrote:
I think that is a great idea. I been out here since June 2008 I know that on base does not really give a good option for american food. The food court has KFC, AW, Taco Bell and subway. And there is the bowling alley which is really not alot of food. There is on resturant on base Bambusa that has been open for little over a year. I know that the only place that will deliver is the bowling aley if you order a pizza and wings. The people who are on duty aka the hosptial get sick of the same things and some cant leave to get food. When there is a holiday nothing is open so people in the barracks are kinda screwed for food. All they have is a range and a microwave. I will be leave here in Oct. If you have any questions let me know and I can ask around about some more opions. Most of the places near here is italian. there is one japanese place by the train station.

Dear Jennifer thanks for answering me, I don't know if open up a place near Agnano or Capo, in the case I ll near where people work I think , I ll be open only for lunch I suppose, or open up maybe in Gricignano or Aversa and be open for lunch and dinner ,to be closer to where they live, see I don' t where the majority of the US navy personnel lives. Also I could thing of delivery in Gricignano support site, even if I think that they ll never gime me the permission. When I ve lived in Va Beach, I delivered in Oceana ,Dam Neck, also we deliverd in Fort Eustis, but that was back in States, and don t think it s possible to delivery in Gricignano, but I could delivery to private homes. Let me kwow what do you think about and if you have any suggestion.Ciao

02 Jul 2012
umberto
Re: Re: People out there can I get your opinion ?

EJ wrote:
I think the biggest thing if you are wanting to have Americans frequent your place is that if the food is going to be American food then it needs to taste like American food and not American food that is flavored for Italians--otherwise, it's going to be a hard sell.

Dear  I ve lived 14 yrs in Va Beach I ve managed and cooked for Italian Pizzerias , I ve worked also with SBARRO in Lynnhaven Mall, I ve worded for Chicken Wings in the oceanfront and for Luca Brazzi's on Shore Drive, of course I will cook the food in the same way, by the way , thanks for answering me, I don't know if open up a place near Agnano or Capo, in the case I ll near where people work I think , I ll be open only for lunch I suppose, or open up maybe in Gricignano or Aversa and be open for lunch and dinner ,to be closer to where they live, see I don' t where the majority of the US navy personnel lives. Also I could thing of delivery in Gricignano support site, even if I think that they ll never gime me the permission. When I ve lived in Va Beach, I delivered in Oceana ,Dam Neck, also we deliverd in Fort Eustis, but that was back in States, and don t think it s possible to delivery in Gricignano, but I could delivery to private homes. Let me kwow what do you think about and if you have any suggestion.
Ciao

28 Jul 2012
jennifer

You mention Capo over there they have a small Subway by the Nex. A chinese place ( which is really not that good). Pizza, Hamburgers place, and a kinda of Italian/Greek place. They are really small too like the size of a booth in a food court in a mall maybe smaller. the chinese one is the only big one there.

28 Jul 2012
jennifer

The support site has one barracks and housing on it. Capo only has just one big barracks. support site has the hospital on it and trust me some of the patients if they are admited for more then a couple of days get sick of the galley food. I know this because I worked in the galley in the hospital and it is a set menu. and it is the same 4 choices. I will ask some of my MA friends what you need to do to get on base to deliver food. I know the MA standing watch would love delivery.