follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » Gino's Cars in Lago Patria are Great!
06 Apr 2012
Stephanie
Gino's Cars in Lago Patria are Great!

If you are new to the area and you are looking for a great car, call Gino in Lago Patria.  I purchased my car from him when I arrived in 2009 and it has been a great, cute little car.  I take my car to Gino for maintenance and I am completely satisfied.  Give him a call at 338.218.8648.

04 Jul 2014
Michael
Re: Gino's Cars in Lago Patria are Great!

Hello,
I'm a retired HM1(FMF/SCW), IDC who is now here in Naples on my wife's orders (NAVFAC CIV @ CAPO). We've been here about 4 months, and we'd like to say a few nice things about GINO in LAGO PATRIA.
I've written him a nice review before, but this latest experience has gotten me on the keyboard again! So we took our 2006 Alfa Romeo 147 (4 door hatchback) in for an oil change and filter & to replace a burned out lightbulb. The job was done in a very short amount of time and with great care/quality. I've done enough bargain basement "Jiffy Lube" oil changes to know the difference. We drive off and do our thing for the day, heading to Support Site. Well, after finishing up there...there's a warning light and the temp guage spikes to the top. I immediately turn the car off, and after cursing in both Spanish & English...give Gino a call for a tow. He aounds shocked and genuinely concerned. He then sends a tow truck out for us, immediately. Pepe, the tow truck driver arrives in mere minutes...is friendly and reassuring that everything will be ok. I try to pay Pepe, and he says "No, Gratzie. Gino will take care of everything tomorrow."
I tip him and shake his hand with grattitude (the least I can do) as he leaves us virturally at our doorstep. The next day, Gino calls me and gives me the run-down of what happened. He's talking in simple, easy to understand terms and continuously calms me down when I repeatedly ask about costs vs warranty, etc. He brings the car TO MY HOUSE, picks me up and we drive it around as he's explaining the work done on the car. I'm still nervous when we arrive at the shop. He gets out as says, "Don't worry about it. The water pump is within warranty. (Standing behind his work and his word)
I'm like, "No way, Gino. I'm not leaving here without paying anything..." So we decide to at least pay Pepe the tow guy for his services last night.
I simply ask you this question, "WHO IN THE U.S.A. WOULD DO THIS? WHO MAKES THIS KIND OF SITUATION RIGHT?!" Don't answer, because the correct response is NO ONE. Gino is an honest business man, certainly he's making his money off the US and NATO personnel with car sales and repairs/tows. BUT HE DOES IT WITH INTEGRITY AND CLASS! I have brothers-in-law who sell cars back in San Diego on the "Mile of Lies...err, Cars". No disrespect to them, but...c'mon. Are you kidding me?
I don't throw around recommendations and reviews all "willy nilly". I am VERY CAREFUL who I give my money to and who I align myself with. GINO IS A CLASS ACT ALL THE WAY. Give him an opportunity to make you a believer, too.
Very Respectfully,
M. A. SantanaHM1, USN, Ret.