follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » Shipping a car from the states
18 Jan 2012
MIRANDA
Shipping a car from the states

I'm just curious if anyone has shipped a car from the states over here. And which company they used and possibly a price quote. Or at least get me pointed in the right direction. I saw someones post about it possibly being cheaper to buy a car in the states and having it shipped over here because in all reality, the prices some people are asking for cars that are at least 13-15 years old are just ridiculous!!

18 Jan 2012
David
More than 50 messages post
Re: Shipping a car from the states

Well, I can't aswer your question regarding who to ship with, but I cannot imagine that it would be cheaper than to buy here.  Prices are not that bad really, not like when I was station on an island off of the island of Sardinia and selection was limited.  If you don't want to buy from the lemon lot on the SS, try the lot on JFC.  If you don't like that try going local here: http://www.autoscout24.it/

24 Jan 2012
Eddie

My wife wants to ship her car over from the states. I just used a couple of websites that send shipping companies your info and they send you a quote. From Florida the average shipping cost was around $2000. Not sure of the import fees once the car arrives here though.

30 Jan 2012
Erin

You can always talk to the shipping VPC about the possibility of "Space-A" opportunities.

04 Feb 2012
Bryan

I shipped my car for free from the states. whereismypov.com will let you ship your car for free if you have a year left on your orders. American Auto logistics is the actual shipping company. Took about a month and a half.