follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Health » Allergies to All Nuts, Eggs, Dairy and Soy
04 Jan 2012
Laura
Allergies to All Nuts, Eggs, Dairy and Soy

Hi EveryoneAfter going through many forum discussions on here; it seems like many parents here have children with mulitple allergies.  With that being said; does anyone have any recommendations on where I can buy products that are free of the 8 common allergens?  The commissary doesn't carry many products that the States would offer and many online stores don't ship abroad.  I'm desperate to make my 2 year old's son as enjoyable as can be but with the limited selections at our grocery store here as well as the language barrier (I've only been here a week); it's impossible not to be desperate.  Your help is greatly appreciated!

05 Jan 2012
Angela
More than 50 messages post
Re: Allergies to All Nuts, Eggs, Dairy and Soy

Have you been to see the dietician on base?? I would recommend you start there for food options. My daughter has the same allergies and we dont have to buy that many special foods for her. The commissary carries everthing we need to feed her.

09 Jan 2012
Kathy

Hi Laura, I've been here for 7 years and am pretty fluent in Italian and have learned my way around the grocerry stores :) If I can be of any help finding certain foods etc.. please give me a call, I'd be happy to help. My son and daughter both had seasons with food alergies when they were around 2-4 but have since grown out of most. Home- 0825-702645 or cell- 333-647-1514 (I'm not the greatest at keeping my cell on me so just try again if you dont reach me, or leave a message :) - Kathy

10 Jan 2012
Erin

Try the larger local national pharmacies, they tend to carry these types of food stuffs but can be pricy.  Also, Auchan has some of these foods as well.  You just have to be patient and use google translate to get the italian translation of the allergens you are avoiding and then go spend some time in the different supermarket isles. 

10 Jan 2012
Laura

Thank you ladies for all your input!