follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Home & Moving » Economy Housing: New Italian Law Requires No Cash ...
04 Jan 2012
BluntedHedgehog
Economy Housing: New Italian Law Requires No Cash Payments Over 1K Euro

I don't believe NFCU has wire transfers set up yet but the Community Bank/BofA at Capo has been doing this for recurring or one time utilities and rent payments.The government is becoming very serious about their incoming tax payments (including from your landlord) and just as you run the risk of being fined by the Garda di Finanza for not having a receipt after any financial transaction, you can imagine the potential problems if you continue to pay your landlord in great honking wads of cash.Ask them for the information, it will include their name and address, their bank name and address, the IBAN and the BIC.Good luck.

10 Jan 2012
Erin
Re: Economy Housing: New Italian Law Requires No Cash Payments Over 1K Euro

This will become a HUGE problem as most Italian landlords do not properly register their rental contracts (for the purpose of avoiding taxes).  I would imagine most rents will drop to 999 euro per month or they will not rent to Americans any longer.  Or they will raise the rental rates to cover the tax liability enough to keep their profit levels as currently found evading taxes.  On base housing will be getting crowded in the near future as local housing resources become thinned.  Just my two cents.

18 Jan 2012
Anthony

There isn't usually a problem with paying your landlord via Banco di Napoli, I have been doing this for 15 months.  Getting money to them was very difficult.  If you need an Banco account just take your passport, orders, Codefiscale and ID card to JFC or Capo and open one, very easy.  Additionally, I wonder how long it will take the Housing Office to abide by these regulations as I hear they are waiting for a different interpretation (or one that suits them).  Every house should be properly listed with the housing office, but we know what goes on behind the scenes.  Will this law be enforced and the threats become reality? only time will tell, but I think that this won't happen.  Maybe I am just jaded by see the Neopolitan way of doing business, we will see in time if the law is adhered to by everyone, not just those foreign renters... 

24 Jan 2012
Eddie

We are just going to pay half on the 1st and 15th. That makes it 800 euro per transaction. Done deal.

27 Jan 2012
Stephen

Yeah except the law still considers that only one transaction since it is rent payment. Still doesn't work.

28 Jan 2012
Eddie

Yeah. My wife just told me that. Now I have to come up with another plan. :(