follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » BE AWARE: IPhone 4 unlock IMPORTANT NOTE
27 Oct 2011
Carlo
BE AWARE: IPhone 4 unlock IMPORTANT NOTE

"BE AWARE IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO PURCHASE A GEVEY SIM CARD TO UNLOCK YOUR IPHONE 4; READ THE NEWS BELOW OR SEARCH FOR THEM ON GOOGLE FIRST:

When people heard about it, many of people rushed to purchase it. Many of them will be using it.
Now is it is confirmed by MuscleNerd that the GEVEY Sim is illegal in USA and probably in other countries:
That “dial 112 then hang up” in Gevey is illegal in USA, and probably other countries. Buyers beware.
The reason it is illegal because you have to dial 112 which an emergency number (in Italy you will call the Carabinieri dialing 112) and in U.S.A it is 911. Every time you reboot or get signal lost you have to the same procedure again to gain the unlock. So calling to 911 and hang-up is something illegal in U.S.A. In U.S.A if you call to 112 it will convert it in 911 which is not good.
The problem you will face if you get caught while using this Sim or your carrier somehow gets to know, so your Sim will get a permanent ban, then a user ban from that carrier.
To stop this kind of activities in U.S.A the carrier will block this kind of activities and Sims".Copy and past this in your browser: http://www.freakgeeks.com/2011/4461/use-of-gevey-sim-interposer-is-illegal-in-u-s-a-and-probably-other-countries-confirmed/

28 Oct 2011
Papi
User Banned
Re: BE AWARE: IPhone 4 unlock IMPORTANT NOTE

No as if I care but you should stop posting this non-sense,

if you need your business to work then you need to come up with new ideas, instead

trying hard to bring people down.  Be

more professional about it. Jailbreaking your phone is also illegal, you lose warranty

on your phone, and that it is true by apple, no a hacker statement. So maybe

people like me that knows about all of this maybe can put you in the corner and

make you look like A@$..  All I am saying

is do not bring dirt to some else’s business.

Ps: I don’t have business about this non-sense but I hate

when people do stupid things to bring someone else down.

28 Oct 2011
Carlo

Well first of all, if you didn't care, why you replyied to this post... this is so evident.

About stopping posting messages, you are NOT the right person to mandate that because:

1. you are not the administrator and/or the moderator of this website

2. I am allowed to report abuse (illegal contents) since this website has a link that is called "Report Abuse" ... I don't know if you are aware of it.

About how to manage our business (since I work in a team of professional and qualified IT technicians), I can grant you for sure, that you are NOT the right person to judge it.

About feeling "put in a corner", who told you that we feel like that?  I think you are doing everything by yourself "Sir".

So, long story short, this is NOT the right place where to post "illegal adds".

Our conversation ends right here, since I am positive about the fact I made everything clear and transparent.

My only intention was to safeguard people/customers that are not aware of this NOT legal IPhone "unlock", nothing personal then.

V/r

Carlo

03 Nov 2011
Michael

Please conduct your research before you bash someone when you have no idea what your talking about.  Jail-breaking a phone is not illegal.  Do the research, yes it will void your warranty but that does not make it illegal.  Using the Gevey and calling the Emergency number can be seen as illegal however, the process does not actually connect to the Emergency services department.  Done correctly the device will not actually connect or disrupt the Emergency line.  Again, I ask if you plan to post a posting about what you feel is illegal the I suggest you do your homework and back it up with facts. 

Thanks.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/07/feds-ok-iphone-jailbreaking/

Feel free to read the above link as it will explain.  If you would like more info then don't hesitate to ask as I have done my homework on this particular service and would be more than happy to explain. 

07 Nov 2011
Carlo

Please read carefully before talking about things that you

don’t even know;  this is just one of the

1.000.000.000 articles that you can easily find on internet, that says UNLOCK (and not JAILBREAK as you said) is illegal:

http://www.freakgeeks.com/2011/4461/use-of-gevey-sim-interposer-is-illegal-in-u-s-a-and-probably-other-countries-confirmed/

I hope you know the difference between "Unlocking" and "Jail-breaking"

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

P.S.:  just trying to safeguard people and customers from ads with illegal contents.

27 Aug 2012
Lincoln

Under U. S. copyright ruling, both unlocking of the network access portion and software application portion ("jailbreaking")are
explicitly permitted. Even before the explicit ruling, it was not illegal. The explicit ruling just made things more clear.