follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Shops & Shopping » High-quality furniture
24 Jul 2011
Thomas
High-quality furniture

Has anyone found a source for well made classic Italian furniture? 

I do not want anything from Ikea and I am not finding anything that great from the NEX Italian Furniture books. 

We are looking for more classic styling, leather sofas, bedroom set, etc. 
The furniture that they sell at the NEX (Ashley, etc) is all Chinese made and in my opinion, a waste of money.   

Driving to Russo Home today to have a look there. 
Thanks
Tom

24 Jul 2011
Thomas
Re: High-quality furniture

Don't bother going down to Russo Home, unless you are going

to be spending $80,000 on a kitchen.  It is a small store, which seems

dedicated to custom kitchens. 

Very little furniture in showroom and the

accessories are very overpriced and not that great in quality.

Very limited parking, hard to get to, and just not worth the effort.  

The search continues.

26 Jul 2011
chris

In Castel Volturno About 20 mins from SS near The Holiday Inn is a huge Italian furniture store called Prezioso Casa (www.preziosocasa.it/ ) Its 3 stories with at least 40 different show rooms.  have a lot of reall nice stuff. 

26 Jul 2011
Thomas

Thanks Chris!  We will head over this weekend. 

30 Jul 2011
Thomas

Went over today.  Wow!  This place is huge!  Very well made classic furniture on the second floor (press 1 on

elevator) and lots of modern furniture, kids, kitchens, outdoors, everything.  Bring your big boy wallet.  I think it is cheaper to buy from the NEX Italian furniture but being able to see similar furniture really helps.  If you have 10K to spend on a wardrobe then this is your place!  But the movers will never be able to get it onto a truck0 their wardrobes are massive.  The dining room furniture is remarkable!  Very cool kids rooms too, but again all is very expensive.  Save you COLA now and go when the dollar gets strong. 
Thanks again for the tip.

31 Jul 2011
chris

From what I have heard you can book a showing with one of the sales assosiates and after you walk through they tend to negotiate on the prices for as much as a 20 percent discount. 

31 Jul 2011
Thomas

Good to know- Thanks!