follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » People & Society » Please be aware of johnny's automatic cars across ...
16 Jul 2011
CJ
Please be aware of johnny's automatic cars across from support site

Hello,
I want everyone looking to purchase a used car to be aware of the situation I'm currently going through with Johnny the car salesman across from support site. I bought a car from him for 2,500 euro, five months after I bought it the transmission went out. It cost me 800 euro for a new transmission and a 6 month warranty. This warranty included all labor and parts. The transmission went out again 3 weeks after he "fixed" it. I asked him if I could bring it to the shop while I was in the states for 3 weeks to get it fixed. He said no he couldn't possibly be responsible for the car in his shop that long. I then took the car to his shop on 19Jun, its now 17Jul the car is still not fixed, and he has often refused to answer my calls and even hung up on me twice. He has tried to blame the transmission braking because of someone topping off the oil over 5 months ago. But he had fixed the transmission well after the oil was put in the car. I have a worthless 6 month warranty because for 2 of those months the car hasn't been drivable. He constantly says I will call you back and then doesn't. I would be VERY wary of buying a car from this guy. I know of at least three other people who have had problems with him as well. If the car isn't returned to me by the end of the week I will be contacting legal.

24 Jul 2011
David
More than 50 messages post
Re: Please be aware of johnny's automatic cars across from support site

File a denouncement (denuncia) on him.  If you are not good with Italian, get the security (italian hire) translators to hook you up.

18 Sep 2011
Giovanni
Re: Please be aware of johnny's automatic cars across from support site

My name is John i sell and repair automatic transmission cars,have been in business for years and just now i see a negative comment about me posted by this guy david,i want to say that i dont remember selling a car to this person and also repaired a transmission for this person,but i really like to know who it is and if i did anything wrong i like to fix it,i never give 6 months of warranty on my cars( The most is 60 days) and if something goes wrong with a car i fix it,but dont foget we are talking in most cases of cars that are more than 10 years old and not all the time it is the cars that break down but people that drive them too.But any way if the person that has posted a complaint makes me understand which car it is i have a better idea and if i can help i will.

18 Sep 2011
David
More than 50 messages post
Re: Re: Please be aware of johnny's automatic cars across from support site

Cit. Giovanni wrote:
My name is John i sell and repair automatic transmission cars,have been in business for years and just now i see a negative comment about me posted by this guy david,i want to say that i dont remember selling a car to this person and also repaired a transmission for this person,but i really like to know who it is and if i did anything wrong i like to fix it,i never give 6 months of warranty on my cars( The most is 60 days) and if something goes wrong with a car i fix it,but dont foget we are talking in most cases of cars that are more than 10 years old and not all the time it is the cars that break down but people that drive them too.But any way if the person that has posted a complaint makes me understand which car it is i have a better idea and if i can help i will.

Nope, pretty sure I wasn't the one complaining.  CJ was above, I just told him how to handle it if he felt like he was getting shafted.