follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Health » Dental cleanings
14 Apr 2011
M.
More than 100 messages post
Dental cleanings

I was wondering how often you have been receiving cleanings at the dental clinic.  I'm referring to the regular, routine cleanings.

14 Apr 2011
Kevin
Re: Dental cleanings

every 6 months.

15 Apr 2011
Mary Jane

Active duty military and their dependants are supposed to get a routine cleaning every 6 months (just like on Concordia when Stateside), BUT whether or not the dental clinic will schedule you for a cleaning at the  6 month interval depends on how many hygentists they have.  Soemtimes I've been able to get a cleaning every six months and sometimes I've been told they are only doing them once a year at that time.  And their position on this can change on a weekly basis.

25 Jul 2011
Melinda
Re: Re: Dental cleanings

Cit. Mary Jane wrote:
Active duty military and their dependants are supposed to get a routine cleaning every 6 months (just like on Concordia when Stateside), BUT whether or not the dental clinic will schedule you for a cleaning at the  6 month interval depends on how many hygentists they have.  Soemtimes I've been able to get a cleaning every six months and sometimes I've been told they are only doing them once a year at that time.  And their position on this can change on a weekly basis.
I agree, Mary Jane.  The first year I was here, I was told my children  and I could only have one a year, then this year my kids got two, but I only got one.  I guess you just have to keep checking back with them.  We have kept our Concordia insurance and get extra cleanings when we visit family in the States every Summer.

26 Jul 2011
Alisha

If you still have your United Concordia insurance you can also go to Tricare Preferred Dentists off base for free.  My mom's crown came off her tooth while she was in town visiting.  I called Dr. Roberto Santonocito (a fellow military spouse too) and he fit her in in less than two hours.  I was very impressed with the high quality care she received.  He is located above Patrick's Automotive Sales right off base.

27 Jul 2011
Mandy

Hi!

How do you find out what dentist you can use outside the base??