follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » People & Society » THIEVES on BASE...!!!!
14 Apr 2011
NicoleX
THIEVES on BASE...!!!!

I'm soooooooooo Angry!

A few weeks ago, someone broke into our storage, in Bldg.2040 and stole a few things from our storage...

The Police came, got fingerprints, photos, etc..... but I've never heard anything back from them.

On Tuesday 12-April-2010 we're getting ready for the Movers to come, by cleaning, packing, etc... 

so I'm in & out of my Apartment (no.9) and putting things together.

I left outside my door a "SeaBee" baby bag with a few Hangers inside, and within

15'min  IT WAS GONE...!!!!!

And, I'm asking myself  "What the F****??????" This is rediculus!

I don't know yet how is, but the only people who has access in the Bldg 24/7 without looking suspicious

are: the Maintenance, the Cleaners & the people who live in the Bldg.

Sooooooooo????????????

Which one you choose?

We move-in the base from the economy to be SAFE! and we are NOT!

CAN ANYONE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT, PLEASE.....??????????????????????? 

Thank you!

15 Apr 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post
Re: THIEVES on BASE...!!!!

You were lucky they took finger prints.  When we moved here (6 1/2 years ago) we live on base (just packing out now) and we were broken into while we SLEPT in out bed, we live on the 3rd floor.  They went into my daughters bedroom while she slept and stole all her Christening jewelry.  They didn't go into our room or our sons but stole my purse and everything init.  It took me writing to the C/O at the time to actually see what they would do about it (MPs came out) but no finger prints were done, NOTHING! It wasn't that we got broke into but more they were in my daughters room while she slept, she was only 6 at the time!!!!

This past month we just had our 3rd bike stolen from our building (got one back wrecked) I'm sorry it happened to you, so glad to be leaving, we are ready.

18 Apr 2011
Debbie

I have been speaking to my husband about all of trouble the teens are getting into on base and the lack of good and productive things for the kids to do. 

I am not saying that kids/teens are responsible for any break-ins or stolen items, I only comment to you because this is a very small base and we shouldn't have any troubles here. 
I am hoping to try to find more people, perhaps like yourself who recognize we are having some problems here at Support Site and are willing to brainstorm and pursue different avenues to see some change. 

If your interested, drop me an email.

Debbie 

dbeard2007@gmail.com

28 Apr 2011
sherlisa

i had my christmas wreath stolen off my door i was upset because it was hand made and HUGE! i cannot say it's people in my building or the workers who service us . i will say that it's wrong either way. if the co would enforce a curfew i believe that will help with some of the issues we have here as well as hoping to deter the kids from having sex in the storage facilities. it's kinda gross when you go down there and find condoms and homework...and 2 i wish there was a way to lock to main dwelling door. we have a key to the door but it won't lock. i think that if people come to visit or what have you they should ring you and you let them in i mean why else do we have an intercom system...other than the kids to play on.  and i believe the thefts might start dying down because not jsut anyone will have access into our dwellings. base or not thieves come in all nationalities and age groups

01 May 2011
truth

Welcome to the absolute wrongness that is Naples! contrary to anyones belief, the installations so called 'Senior Leadership' and the worthless security are powerless to do anything here. It may be the teenagers on base causing a lot of the problems, or it may be Mirabella(Mafia, same thing) or a combination of the two. Corruption, theft, drugs, its all here and it won't go away as those in any position of power turn blind eyes or are participating in all listed. Never fool yourself, don't for a minute think that anyone here in the upper echelon including the Admirals give a damn about any of us. Look at the townhalls, what a joke, does anyone actually thing that anything put forth at a town hall is taken seriously??? Sadly this whole place is one big joke that the United States tax payers are dumping money down a big hole in!

And thats the TRUTH.

01 May 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post

Debbie, we are out of here in 3 weeks so don't think I can be of much help.  My only suggestion is if you and some other's come up with a plan of action your best bet would to put it down on paper and the proposal and hand it over to the C/O for his consideration.  The "powers that be" respond better when everything is done the right way.  I do wish you the best of luck.

02 May 2011
Michael

Someone stole our backpacks from the basement about four months ago. I suggest to everybody to lock the gate.

25 Jul 2012
NicoleX

JoAnn & Debbie,we're back in States and I'm so glad for it...I had a good time in Italy but a lot of Bad things happened as well... that I try to forget!Next time we will PCS-ing I'll choose Germany! or, England!I don't llike the weather much, but they have strong rules and their bases are the best in Europe.Take Care & Have a Nice Day!NicoleX (Lito).