follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » Stolen Bike
10 Apr 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post
Stolen Bike

This is our 3rd bike stolen from appt building 2108.  This was my sons bike which was inside chained up the chain is also gone!!  If by any chance you see your child riding around on a bike which is not his please call us.  629-5738.

Thank you.

11 Apr 2011
Michael
Re: Stolen Bike

I can totally attest to your frustrations, my bike which cost me almost $400 bucks was stolen out of building 2030.  Same principle and the bike had been sitting in the common area (Area that housing office requests it to only be placed at) for over a month on and off when I was not using the bike.  Then the moving company shows up to assist with a pack out for a PCS military member and my bike disapears.  Of course I do my reserch to only find out that they claim they did not take the bike.  And they were instructed by a translator who was also there to assist with the service members needs that they knew what items to take from that area and they did not remove my bike. 

Well here is my story:  I left my apartment at 10am that day watching the guys move stuff, and while leaving I saw my bike , as always parked in the same location.  Upon coming home around 1pm the bike was removed and missing.  Of course mine was the only one missing, and the rest of the bikes and strollers in the common area were moved and re-arranged in a neat and orderly fashion, only to hide the fact that mine was gone maybe?  I know they took it, can't prove it, or it was just ironic it came up missing at the same time frame?  Don't believe that for one bit.  Very sorry this happen to you as well, and for it to happen 3 times.  Hope this behavior comes to a stop but that is wishful thinking until we catch them in the act it will continue.

11 Apr 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post

Ours were not as expensive as yours but still once you have added up 3 bikes..!!!!!  One went 2 Christmas's ago a beautiful pink one nearly $200, my daughters.  That went missing from inside the bulding not a month after Christmas 2009.  The second one was an older bike, we bought after hers went missing that dissapeared and found wrecked by the gym around January this year.  And now my sons just 2 days ago. I know we are not the only ones in the quad and we did write down the serial #s and wrote our kids names on them in secret places so if we happen to see it we know where to look! This is just sad and again we can't point fingers but have a good idea if it's not the movers its kids on base.

Sorry about yours also Michael.  We pack out this week after nearly 7 years being here, we are now very ready to leave.  We just pray all our stuff arrvies at the other end.

11 Apr 2011
Michael

I too hope your stuff arrives in one piece and on time.  I know that was not the case for our goods coming here.  Make sure you document everything going out of your house at least the most expensive stuff just incase it does come up missing.  They claim to fix or replace but that is not always the case and I'm sure you know this.  Good luck to your family and hopefully this did not ruin your taste for Naples, but I can understand the frustrations!!  We have our mixed feelings as well.