follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Prague info please!
01 Apr 2011
mary
Prague info please!

Does anyone have any info on going to Prague?  I would like to go in July, traveling with 1 older and 3 younger children.  Ideas on do's and dont's and where to stay would be greatly appreciated!

02 Apr 2011
Lisa
Re: Prague info please!

Prague is great, take Wizz Air from Naples. We stayed at the Czech Inn, fabulous place with a great breakfast included and good price, but I do not know if it is kid friendly. Definitely go to Prague Caslte, at noon they have some kind of changing of the guard ceremony that was cool. You will find the astronomical clock in the historic area. The trams are easy to use to get around and there is a subway. I went to the Jewish cemetery which my husband did not, but I loved it. The museum of communism was kitchy but fun. There are tons of good beers of course and lots of meat to eat and my husband keeps talking about the jacket potatoes. One big thing are the pub crawls, many of which meet and leave from the astronomical clock, but sounds like you are taking the kids. Have fun.

16 Jul 2011
JASON
Re: Prague info please!

Wizz Air is the best for ticket prices to go. Generally June-Aug time frame is high tourist season, so exspect some delays getting around. Sometimes you can find nice B&B at hostelworld.com, it all depends on your comfort level with children in another country to be honest. Another option if you like the slow and scenic route is Eurail at Eurail.com.