follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Hotel recommendations in London
03 Mar 2011
val
Hotel recommendations in London

My family and I are planning on going to London towards the end of the summer and I was wondering if anyone could recommend a hotel with a decent price.

Thanks!

04 Mar 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post
Re: Hotel recommendations in London

The National is really nice.  I am from the UK and have stayed in London, there really is not any where thats truly cheap.  However, the National is a nice hotel centerally located to the tube and "on/off" bus line.  It also comes with breakfast and dinner to any listed resturant. I will see if I still have the phone # for you.

04 Mar 2011
Tom

We used Short Lets (http://www.short-lets.co.uk/) to rent an apartment for a week in London a few years back. The prices are reasonable for a family (as opposed to renting 2 hotel rooms) and the one we rented was very nice.

05 Mar 2011
val

Thanks for the responses. I will definitely look into the link that Tom posted.

JoAnne, please let me know if you find the phone number. I am very interested in the hotel you are talking about. Do they have a website perhaps???

06 Mar 2011
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post

http://www.hotel-assist.com/royal-national-hotel-london.html

Here ya go :)  The on/off buses are a great way to get around and see things like "Big Ben, #10 Downing St (at least where it is) The Palace etc.   Also you will need tickets to get into most places "Madam Tussauds" (spelt wrong I'm sure) The London Eye (amazing to see the whole of London) The London Dungeon is a fun and realistic look back at London's in-famous criminals.  And of course The Tower of London is a must.   The hotel will sell you tickets at a discounted price (cheaper than buying them at the place you want to see) Plus if you buy a family package it is cheaper still.  I would buy snacks/food at a market/store as the restuarnts are very expensice in London, fish 'n' chips/drinks for a family of 4 will run you about 35 pounds ($60+) Anything else let me know.