follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Shops & Shopping » ? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?
28 Dec 2010
Mrs. James
? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?

Can anyone tell me the locations of any flea markets, thrift stores, antique stores or any place that sells secondhand things in the area? Thank You

30 Dec 2010
Lisa
Re: ? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?

Here is a web site for a chain of thrift stores, http://www.mercatinousato.com/negozi.cfm#ricerca. The closest one to SS is in Varcaturo. I have also been to the one in Casoria and the one near Capo, which I think is the best and biggest. There are drop down boxes under riceta il punto vendita mercatino that allows you to find all of their locations. The flea market mentioned on many web sites, delle pulce, is NOT being held near the cemetery by the train station downtown anymore, I went and checked it out, but I do not know where it moved.

01 Jan 2011
Mrs. James
Re: Re: ? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?

Cit. Lisa wrote:
Here is a web site for a chain of thrift stores, http://www.mercatinousato.com/negozi.cfm#ricerca. The closest one to SS is in Varcaturo. I have also been to the one in Casoria and the one near Capo, which I think is the best and biggest. There are drop down boxes under riceta il punto vendita mercatino that allows you to find all of their locations. The flea market mentioned on many web sites, delle pulce, is NOT being held near the cemetery by the train station downtown anymore, I went and checked it out, but I do not know where it moved.
Thank you Lisa. Any luck with the antiques? I'm looking for stuff too. Well, Victorian Parlor chair minis, mini tiffany lamps, mini vanities for my dolls since I am a collector. My dolls are a lot larger than Barbies.

03 Jan 2011
Mrs. James
Re: Re: ? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?

Cit. Lisa wrote:
We tried going to the one in Varcaturo today. We were fine until we got off the highway to this unlit roundabout. The gps kept telling us to go straight on, what looked like a one way road. In addition, the gps couldn't find building 76 so we plugged in 80.

03 Jul 2011
Lisa
Re: ? flea markets/thrift stores/antique stores ?

there is no roundabout to get there. When you get off the hwy, go straight, gps may say turn, but don't, it is straight, and it takes you right and then down an alleyway that you park in on the righthand side, store is on the left