follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Rotator To The USA?
16 Dec 2010
Mandy
Rotator To The USA?

I'm trying to find out how to use the rotator to go back to the US next month, but have no idea how!! Can someone please give me step by step instructions as to how to get tickets/on the list and what to do! It will be my baby and I flying. Thank you in advance!

22 Dec 2010
Mary Jane
Re: Rotator To The USA?

First you need the letter authorization from the active duty member's command.....that needs to be taken to the airport where you are trying to leave from and then request to be put on their Space A list.....there will be people who have already done that and are on the list from several months ago, they can "bump" you if they are in the same travel category as you are.....the "call" list is based on the date that you filed your authorization for each of the levels, so do it ASAP....then literally you find out what time you must be there for your "roll call" and then you wait to see if there are seats available....active duty travelling are priority, then active duty with dependents, then dependents alone, and then retirees....there are approx 5 levels that a Space A person can fall under....Heads up....I have spent days waiting for a seat and have spent numerous days and nights travelling back and forth to Capo.....only to be the next one on the flight and no more seats available.....I ended going last time to Ramstein and then on to Dover in the states on a C-5.....good luck...I will watch for any other questions that you may have....

25 Apr 2011
Brayden

I signed up online for Space A months ago. I have not heard a word back from anyone. My wife is active duty. I work for the DOD. What procedure do I follow now to get confirmation that I'm "enrolled" with Space A? Thank you for your time.

25 Apr 2011
Mary Jane

You don't get a reply.  You have to call and verify for yourself that you are indeed on the list to go where you want to.  If you signed up to fly out of Naples, you can call the terminal at Capo and ask or stop in and look in the book.  The regisitration is only good for like 90 days and the command letter to fly unaccompanied has a drop-dead date on it also.