follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » ATTEN PEOPLE SELLING NEX MERCHANDISE ON HERE!!!!! ...
03 Dec 2010
sherlisa
ATTEN PEOPLE SELLING NEX MERCHANDISE ON HERE!!!!! IT'S ILLEGAL

TO  THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE ON HERE SELLING NEX MERCHANDISE THAT YOU BOUGHT ON SALE AND ARE ATTEMPTING TO SELL IT FOR A "LITTLE BIT" MORE THAN YOU PAID FOR IT BUT STILL "CHEAPER THAN WHAT THE EXCHANGE IS SELLING IT FOR"...... THIS ACTION IS ILLEGAL AND CAN CAUSE YOU TO LOOSE YOUR SHOPPING PRIVILEGES. THIS IS A REPORTABLE OFFENSE AND THOSE WHO ARE FOUND GUILTY WILL BE REPRIMANDED.  

03 Dec 2010
DandH
Re: ATTEN PEOPLE SELLING NEX MERCHANDISE ON HERE!!!!! IT'S ILLEGAL

What are you talking about?? In my opinion, once you buy it at the NEX you own it and can do whatever you want with it. If someone gets the merchandise home and decides they don't need it they are free to return it to the store or sell it. Is there something in writing that says this is an illegal practice? If so why not post it here or give us the number of the regulation.

03 Dec 2010
JC

It's not illegal. It's called business. People do it all the time. They legitimately purchase a product and try to sell it again for a profit. What's the difference between someone doing it here, or buying it from ebay and turning around and selling it somewhere else? People have been doing this for years with "Black Friday" and other deals.

05 Dec 2010
d

Illegal?  You can't be serious. What a blatant lie. It's exactly what ebay is (last I knew the government was shutting them down.).  Illegal..sheesh, it should be illegal for someone to post such ridiculous posts.

05 Dec 2010
David
More than 50 messages post

I do know it is illegal to purchase items at the exchange and turn around and sell them to a host national outside the base or even give it away.  It falls along the lines of black marketing.  Since the items have not been charged tarrifs or import charges it is illegal to "dipose" of them, i.e. sell/gift to outside personnel.  That said, I do not know of any regulation that states you cannot buy an item and later resell it to another individual once you no loger require it for your purposes.  ***Just know that US personnel are not the only purveyors on this site***

05 Dec 2010
Kristin

From the NEX website: Any item purchased in a Navy Exchange must be for the sole use of the authorized customer or for the use of dependent members of the authorized customer's family or a bona fide gift. Exchange merchandise purchased by military personnel or civilians will not be resold or exchanged in barter, on or off a Navy Exchange. Navy Exchange Manual Pub. 145, para. 4207(4).

06 Dec 2010
Michael

To those that may be complaing about selling items previously purchased from the "NEX"!!  Yes your are right in a sense, but in order to be sure this activity does not exist you would need the seller to provide proof of purchase from a alternate retailer showing they did not purchase from "NEX"  Serioulsy now, I would be willing to bet about 40% of the items sold on this website are in fact from the "NEX".  Providing proof simply is not going to happen. 

Also, with that said when is the cut off to say when the item has become "USED" enough that you can turn around and sell to someone because you no longer have the need for it.  I suppose just tossing in the trash and somone getting out for free would be okay then huh?  What about when you purchase an item from the "NEX" and then someone may have gotten it by mistake: birthday gift, ect.. and you want to sell the duplicate item would this still be illegal? Same as someone already stated, this is just like Ebay. 

Get a kick out of those that buy shoes for the same price as "NEX" and then turn around and sell them for the same if not more! Rediculous but people will make a dollar wherever they can.  Greed = Power!!! 

Here's a tip NAH buyers or viewers don't be jealous that someone has stolen a good idea and making a profit.  You don't like it, do something about it instead of complaining. 

06 Dec 2010
Elissa

Its not just the NEX its anywhere ...

07 Dec 2010
David

So I guess we need to shutdown the thrift store and ban all americans from having yard sales now.

The Americans that sell items that may or may not be from the NEX IS NOT the problem.

I can't count how many times I have seen Italians buy/steal items from the thrift store and turn around and sell them.

08 Dec 2010
sherlisa

it is illegal and has the potential if caught to have the dependent sent back to the states. it's the selling of new merchandise for the sole purpose of making a profit. if  you would like any further information on it i will be glad to answer your questions i work at the exchange fulltime at the front lines. this is one of the main reasons the local national employees lost their privilege to shop at the NEX. they were buying it here for cheaper than on the economy and making a profit. i have noticed several people (americans) on here doing the same exact thing and rather than blatantly name names i chose to make a general statement (which is factual )  to let people who are unaware of the policy know and those who are active participants know the risks. take it for what you want but at least i made it known

09 Dec 2010
David
11 Dec 2010
jason

Haha! Thats great!  (the watch post)

Sherlisa--are you supposed to be putting your 'company's'

information out there like that?  About

the Italian workers?  Not that I

personally don't think it's okay, but to advertise your self as available to

answer questions at your place of employment accompanying information as to why

they cant shop there.  I mean come on,

it's not like you’re with NCIS, I’m sure there are people with more

investment in the NEX who don’t become the NEX narcs on here.  Maybe you should be more concerned with the

customer service in there instead.

12 Dec 2010
sherlisa

first off i put the information on here because i was looking for some items when i came across this ridiculous posting and when i asked dude about it he wanted to be a dick about it and so i said what i said. secondly no one on here is patrolling all hands like a monitor. lol i work and don't have time for that it's petty. no your right i don't work for ncis but i do work for a company who puts about 80% of their profits back into the community through it's support of MWR. i don't condone any one, regardless of nationality, taking a cut from already discounted nex merchandise by selling for more than they paid for it when the profit they just earn could have gone back for mwr. besides i don't work in customer service and my cashiers are good at what they do and how they do it. i say what i mean and i mean what i say. if i didn't want to put it out there then i would be on here in the first place.

12 Dec 2010
sherlisa

and i didn't say i was available to answer questions as to why italian local nationals cannot shop at the NEX i said i would answer questions to the nex policy on reselling of merchandise

12 Dec 2010
Maria

All I gotta say is that I was at the NEX this past week and an Italian national was there buying 9 Apple I-Pads.   I have a hard time believing that he was buying them for himself.  I shop at the Nex a lot and I have seen plenty of Italians buying large quantities of certain things.  The average person does not buy large qusntities of items unless they are planning on re-selling it for a profit.  I don't understand what you mean about Italian nationals not being able to shop at the Nex when about 70% of customers there are Italians?

13 Dec 2010
David

Discounted items. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Sorry Sherlisa, I know this goes beyond the scope of the original post, but discount?  I really notice the discounts when it comes to DVD/Blu-ray movies.  The blu-rays cost roughly $10 more than in the states and on Tuesdays when the movies come to the NEX stores in the states they are discounted from the original price make me wonder where these discounts are at SS NEX????

15 Dec 2010
Cat

just to throw my two cents in...discount not really @ the NEX...but the sales from Black Friday is another thing....

then compare the prices to prices on the local economy..like the Ipads and such

an to my knowledge they are not "just" italian nationals...they are "NATO" employees...the italians that work for NATO are entitled to the NEX and commissary.  the italians that work at the NEX and commissary are not entitled.

21 Dec 2010
victor

Oh wow, this is a lot of info. Should we call the Carabinieri? Oh wait, they don't even stop people from breaking into our cars and homes much less anything else.

Its a moot point.......