follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Home & Moving » Dishwasher Residue... Help!!!!
10 Nov 2010
Brittney
Dishwasher Residue... Help!!!!

Is anyone else on base getting this powdery residue on their dishes from the dishwasher??? I have plenty of salt in there... but still I'm getting this thick layer of 'dust' like stuff on plastic and metal items. Any suggestions??!!

10 Nov 2010
David
More than 50 messages post
Re: Dishwasher Residue... Help!!!!

My dishwasher does not get white powdery residue, probably because she showers daily.  Ok bad joke aside and sorry if your reading honey, I'll cook dinner tonight, I have reduced the amount of calcium residue on the dishes by playing with the temperature of the dry cycle.

Without getting into too much analysis, the reason the calcium collects on the dishes is that the water from the glaases and plates does not drip from them fast enough before cooking.  If you let the dishes dry at a lower heat it gives the calcium ladden water more time to drip off before being cooked on.

That is my two cents on how this works, but it does seem to help some.

10 Nov 2010
M.
More than 100 messages post

Yes!  I do!  I have the latest Whirlpool model, the one that's entirely electronics, no knobs, just buttons and lights.  Do you have that model???  If so, let me know and I'll let you know what they did for me.

10 Nov 2010
Brittney

Yes, it's the one that's all buttons and lights. Did housing fix it?

11 Nov 2010
M.
More than 100 messages post

Kinda sorta.  Ok, you need to adjust the levelf of hardness of the water to the hardest.  Push on all of the PROGRAMMI buttons and ANNULLA/SPEGNI for at least 3 seconds.  Click on the PROGRAMMI button until you have all 3 lights on.  Wait 30 seconds until everything turns off.  That's it.  I would also stir the salt in the container with a knife or something like that.  Let me know if this works!  For me the also had to run a cycle with a powerful antihardwater powder.

Good luck and keep us posted, I'm curious to see if it works!

11 Nov 2010
Lyndsi

When the water starts going pour A LOT of white vinegar in the bottom of your dishwasher. I swear by it!!! I have absolutley no residue on anything if I use vinegar.

24 Apr 2011
tish

If you pour a cup of vinager in the bottom of the dishwasher once the load actually starts, not sure if yours drains first like ours does, it will take care of it.

I also use the dove/det packets instead of powder or liquid and fill half the dispenser up with LemiShine. It works better than JetDry and shines the dishes as well. Plus it keeps the residue from coming back. We hardly put salt in our dishwasher anymore because the LemiShine works so well.

I have not seen LemiShine here, but if you can order it off the web or have someone send it to you, it works well!

25 Apr 2011
Kristin

This is going to sound crazy... but put Tang Drink Mix in the soap container and run the dishwasher. You can do it with dishes in it to remove anything coated with residue, but you should wash them again with soap right after. I promise that this will solve your problem!! :)