follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Home & Moving » Hanging Curtains
07 Nov 2010
kg
Hanging Curtains

I bought some curtains from ikea for my apartment on support site. I hung them using my rod from the states with some of the stick on hooks from the NEX. However I haven't got them hemmed and my 7 month old is beginning to tug on them so I was going to move them onto the curtain rods already hung from the ceiling and can't figure them out. Does anyone know how to work these and a place where I can get them hemmed as they are still too long.

Thanks so much for everyones time.

Katie

07 Nov 2010
Mandy
Re: Hanging Curtains

I believe Ikea sells all the hooks and stuff you would need. And at the NEX there is a tailor shop that could hem your curtains for you! :)

08 Nov 2010
M.
More than 100 messages post

I wanted to let you know that if you wash the curtains in hot water, they should shrink.  Just a thought. :)

08 Nov 2010
AW

Katie,
A really pretty alternative to hemming your curtains is to go to the market and get some design magnets.  For example right now on my winter curtains which are gold/beige color there are gold butterflies holding them up off the floor.  There is about 5 inches of fabric on 1 end is a butterfly with a magnet on back and on the other end is the other magnet.  These magnets come in different styles and colors and cost around 2-5 euro for a set of 4.  I have found them as cheap as 1 euro and as expensive as 20 euro depends on your style.  Best of Luck

08 Nov 2010
Cat

Leroy Merlin sells these little hooks by the pack...they come in different colors and sizes ...i found the smaller ones work better....anyways...the doo hickey has a little hook on one end to go into the little hole on the plastic part that hangs down on the rod and then there is a clip on the end that clips onto the curtain...hope that helps..if need be i can post a picture of the clip.

10 Nov 2010
kg

Thank you everyone! I will buy the hooks! Now that I know it needs hooks they make sense! :)