follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » HOUSING PLEASE FIX MY AFN
03 Nov 2010
William
HOUSING PLEASE FIX MY AFN

SUPPORT SITE BUILDING 2030 HAS BEEN WITHOUT AFN FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS NOW WITH NO RESOLVE....I NEED MY FOOTBALL...

03 Nov 2010
Victoria
Re: HOUSING PLEASE FIX MY AFN

There has been no AFN in Bldg 2031 since Friday, I been told the terminal broke and needs to be replaced, but couldn't get an answer about how long it would take them to fix it :( 

04 Nov 2010
L.

building 2015 is down too......  I too am missing my football games!!!

04 Nov 2010
Lyndsi

I called yesterday and was told that it would be two more weeks. They were very rude and wouldn't give me anymore information than that.

04 Nov 2010
kacey

Bldg 2016 has also been out for 2 weeks now!!

04 Nov 2010
Brittney

Building 2014 has been out for almost two weeks too! I have been here a month and have had AFN one day! 

04 Nov 2010
William

I called this morning and all they said was, "It will be fixed in two weeks."  Sounds like them giving us the run around as usual.  This has got to be the worst Housing Officer/Maintenance folks I've ever dealt with.  It's not even about the cable either.  The customer service is garbage, the people are clueless, and things move at a snails pace.  Good thing I'm PCS'ing in 3 months.

05 Nov 2010
robert

well when I talked to the maintance about they said theywere having problems with funds. so a few weeks to a month sounde about right.... remember that the new fiscal year just passed. so if the budget hasn't been passed well we just get to wait.

05 Nov 2010
Angel

From AFN Naples: If you are experiencing problems with your TV signal in government housing, call the Housing Trouble Call number at 629-4285 or 629-4286. We are aware that some channels are out in Parco Eva and all channels are out in some buildings on the Support Site. Housing or NSA Naples will provide updates.

05 Nov 2010
Lyndsi

I just called and they said 15 DAYS!!! This is ridiculous!

10 Nov 2010
kg

2012 has been out for weeks too. & hearing about their lack of "funding" from the customer service rep really makes me mad as we are all forfitting our housing money (not sure what it is refered to here as we live on base and not in town.) to live here. They really do need to teach the people they employ everywhere on this base not just the housing office some manners and good customer service facts.

25 Feb 2011
Paul

You could always get a decoder and Dish. Mount the dish on a tripod so its not fixed to the building. Then these issues will go away.

The dish needed is small and is easy to run a cable through a window

27 Feb 2011
Stuart

Considering the amount of money were getting screwed to just rent this property we should have cable internet and never have a problem with the reception. Problem is in order to accomplish that the locals would have to be trained properly and have something beyond a 3rd world menatlity towards technology.