follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Health » Oral Surgery at the Hospital
30 Oct 2010
Cristina
Oral Surgery at the Hospital

Hello people,

I have a concern and I would like you to share you expereinces with me.

My child is 7 years old and she is going to have oral surgery next week. She is going to be given general anesthesia and I am kind of scared because I do not know anything about the surgeons and the anesthesiologists who work at the Hospital. How did it work for your child? Please share and cheer me up!

Thank you

30 Oct 2010
Jeannie
More than 50 messages post
Re: Oral Surgery at the Hospital

I've been under twice in the past year. My anethesiologist was 'Michael" both times and he was fantatstic. I've also heard kudos about him from others. Ask if he is still there.

30 Oct 2010
Jeannie
More than 50 messages post

Not sure who is doing your surgery but all my surgeons were great too! (Dr. Johnson and Dr. Hebert)

31 Oct 2010
Cristina

Thank you Jeannie.

She is going to do it with CAPT Flynn. I am not sure about the anesthesiologist!

31 Oct 2010
M.
More than 100 messages post

Cristina,

What was your impression of Capt. Flynn???

02 Nov 2010
Mandy

Hey ladies-
I just had oral surgery TODAY (all 4 wisdom teeth extracted) I had Dr Flynn as the surgeon and Micheal Harrison as the Anesthesiologist. I also had Micheal Harrison as my anesthesiologist for my epidural when giving birth to my son 3 months ago! He is AWESOME I absolutely loved him! As for Dr Flynn, we didn't do much talking but I found him to be very cordial, kind, attentive, and knew what he was doing! The nurses in the APU unit were also great and very caring! I don't remember their names unfortunately, but I do remember them being very nice :)
I don't think you have anything to worry about-you're in good hands with these guys :)

04 Nov 2010
Cristina
Re: Re: Oral Surgery at the Hospital

Cit. M. wrote:

Cristina,

What was your impression of Capt. Flynn???

Hi M.

It was  good actually, and the anethesiologist was very kind. It's the anesthesia I am scared of for my little one...that's all...I guess I worry too much...

Thank you all for your feedback!

04 Nov 2010
M.
More than 100 messages post

Cristina ~

I hope your child's surgery will go well next week. :)  And no, you're not worrying too much ~ all moms would do the same. :)  General anesthesia is, indeed, a scary thing in itself, and I can totally relate to how you feel.

Best of luck and keep us posted! :)