follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » AFN on Support Site
30 Oct 2010
William
AFN on Support Site

Just curious if others on the Support Site have been without AFN for the past 3 days.

30 Oct 2010
Michael
Re: AFN on Support Site

Yea your not the only one.  Kind of irritating but at the same time not really missing much I suppose.  Scheduled work possibly or getting read to switch over and increase our channels?  Or the ol' famous SUN SPOTS :)

30 Oct 2010
William

Thanks. I'm more upset about the football games I'll be missing...

30 Oct 2010
Sandy

It's not out everywhere, which means it's a distribution problem in Housing, not a problem with AFN's satellite feed.  On Monday, call the Housing trouble desk at 629-4285 or 629-4286 to have their contractor come out and fix the line or probably a bad line amplifier.  It helps if everyone who has this problem calls so they can map the outage and figure out what needs to get fixed.

01 Nov 2010
David
More than 50 messages post

We had a problem last month where the picture would stay for 10 minute intervals and then get cut off.  The trouble desk gave the old sun spots excuse, to which I said, uh not at equally timed intervals.  4 days of this and they came to replace something.  Now I have picture, but it must be snowing everywhere in the world because that is how the picture looks.  At nightime the picture is the worst.  Must be sunspots.  Thank goodness we are not able to get good quality satellite TV in housing.  They must have an AFN propoganda commercial quota.  I am sure you note the cynicism in my tone.  Yeah last time I lived in Italy we only had one AFN channel, but it was crystal clear.  I have a hard time being forced to live in housing and given crumby TV to boot.  All this said there is a bright side, I watch less TV and am out and about more.