follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » BEWARE when Filling your gas tank at the AGIP near...
22 Oct 2010
Cheryl
BEWARE when Filling your gas tank at the AGIP near SS

All,

This is a courtesy warning to make you aware of something. Last week we were filling our car up at the AGIP station near the support site, we asked for 70 litres and was given 60. We caught it and only handed the guy 60 litres of coupons and thought nothing of it. However at work today 2 emails went out with similar stories making me think that "JUST MAYBE" this may have not been done in error. Please check to make sure you are getting what you ask for and only hand out the coupons after your gas has been pumped & the amount verified. Yes it could have been done in error but wanted to make you all aware just incase.

24 Oct 2010
ISLAND BOY CATERING
Re: BEWARE when Filling your gas tank at the AGIP near SS

Same thing happened to me on Wednesday at the same station, asked for 60 liters, guy put in 50 and hung up the pump, I repeated 60 before he approached the window and he put in another ten.  I thought it was an innocent mistake and he apologized a couple times.  Now I believe it was not so innocent, watch out people!

24 Oct 2010
Cheryl

The other scam they are doing is putting in the Euro amount when we pay in litres, example my car takes 70 litres which is over 100 Euro, they are putting in 70 Euros and take 70 litres in coupons from you instead, be very aware!

25 Oct 2010
Diana

Same thing happened to my husband today - he asked for 15 liters and got 5 Euro at first.  Then when he corrected the guy, he added another 10 liters, but still not equal to the 15 liter coupons that he had already handed the guy.  If this happens to you, I suggest you take down the name of the guy doing it and report him and/or post his name here for others to be aware.

25 Oct 2010
mary

Are we talking about the Agip in Grichignano or the one on the SS7?

29 Oct 2010
Alex

I know they did it to me at the API station in gricignano.
It hasnt happened yet at the AGIP on the SS7 before the exit to Gricignano.

Which one are you guys talking about?

30 Oct 2010
Celeste

The same thing happened to me at the AGIP outside Capo.  Asked for 45 liters (a full tank), didn't bother looking at the pump and drove off.  When I was already on the Tang, I noticed the tank read two notches below full.  I felt it was my fault for not even looking at the pump to make sure they put it all in.  Ever since then I have been vigilant about checking the number of liters (NOT EURO) on the pump readout and twice have avoided being shorted (once at Capo Agip and once at the Agip on SS7 near Varcaturo/Monterusciello).  Just be vigilant and make sure the LITERS on the pump match the liters on your coupons.

30 Oct 2010
Jonathan

The best way to ensure you don't get ripped off at the gas station is to get out of your car, stand next to the attendant, and do not hand over your coupons until the amount requested has actually been pumped into your car or until fuel starts spilling out of the tank because the requested amount does not fit.  Make sure to have a few Euro coins handy so that if you ask for 40 liters and only 36 liters fit, give them 35 liters in coupons and pay the difference for the extra liter.  I can honestly say I have never worried about getting scammed because I simply don't give them the opportunity to do so.

31 Oct 2010
Elissa

My husband and I have had many problems with this,

The gas station right after Capo, next to the McDonalds has given us issues. They ALWAYS try to buy the coupons from us, and then they always try to put in the wrong amount as well. I mentioned something to the people at the NEX when purchasing more coupons, they just said sorry, just keep an eye on it and that was about as much help as they were... Its super irritating to go to a gas station and get ripped off or harassed each time. We seriously spent about 20 mins trying to get this guy to leave us alone, put the correct amount in and stop asking to purchase the coupons. See the thing is ... they speak English well enough to have conversation, until you have a problem or spot them doing something, then suddenly you get sorry English bad. .... I mean I guess there is no way to control it but just be aware as everyone has said.

01 Nov 2010
Kathleen

This is all interesting to me since we have lived here for three years and used both the AGIP stations near the exit for the Support Site  on the SS7 and have never had any issues with getting gas there. You should always pay attention but here is not the exception. I suspect that if you got gas in some stations in the US that still have attendents that you might run into some that would try to rip you off as well.

01 Nov 2010
David
More than 50 messages post

The only minor issues I have had with the SS AGIP are as follows.  I was unable to fit all 50 liters into the tank, only 48, and the attendant asked if we were square after handing him coupons, to which I said uh no i'll take 2 liters cash.  The second, just last Friday.  I asked the attendant to put in 55 liters, but because he was busy with 2 other vehicles the amount went past.  Thank goodness I was paying attention and hopped out of the car and stopped the pump myseelf.  Of course I did the right thing and paid the extra, of which he hasitly calculated and I think I was short changed a euro.  No biggy.  Like I said no real major issues besides day to day happenings.