follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Hotels In Paris
19 Oct 2010
Rav
Hotels In Paris

Looking for hotels in Paris that can accommodate up to 4-6 people. Looking to go around Christmas time. If anyone has any suggestions on how it is and what places are there to see besides the Eiffel Tower.

19 Oct 2010
Andrew
Re: Hotels In Paris

Couple things because my mom, my wife, and I just made a trip to Paris. Highly recomend the hotel below. It is a new hotel and they gave us a deal because it is new we wanted to stay for two days but they gave us the third night free. Disney is one train stop away but all the other tourist spots are about a half hour by train which is not that bad. Now the biggest and most important thing that I recomend is The Paris Pass. Google search (paris pass) and it should be the first thing that you see. No matter how many days you will be there i gurantee that you will save money with it. It is terrific. Everything there is absolutely worth seeing. The eifel is the only thing not included in the paris pass, but the arc di triomph is and you get a phenomenal view of the eifel tower from there.

Hôtel l'Elysée Val d'Europe at Disneyland Paris

20 Oct 2010
Kathryn

We've been 3 times.  The first time, we booked an apartment through RentParis.com.  Had a nice place for the 4 of us near the Pompiedeu (modern art museum) for about 100Euro/night.  We did have problems with the contact numbers, so make sure they are working correctly before you fly there.  We ended up having to pay $300/night for 3 nights (there goes the Disney money) for a Holiday Inn before we finally got a hold of the company, which was very nice, but wasn't planned.  Second time, my husband and I stayed with specialapartments.com in a one bedroom in St. Germaine for around 75E/night.  Third time we took the kids to Disney and the Normandy beaches and stayed at the Explorer's Hotel near Disney.  I wouldn't recommend it.  

If your intention is to see Paris, stay in Paris.  The train ride out to Disney isn't too bad, but if you get there late, you'll be taking a long walk to your hotel from the train station.  I'm talking, we arrived one night at 12:30 and there were NO buses, taxis, shuttles.

As far as things to see:  Musee d'Orsay (Impressionist art--fabulous), The Louvre, Versailles (short train trip), Notre Dame, another cathedral almost across the street from ND that I can never remember the name of but has AMAZING stained glass windows, Arc de Triumph (at sunset is remarkably stunning), and the city itself. One of our trips we came back with a picture of the storefront window of the exterminator's shop.  Taxidermied rats from the 1880s (EWWWW...but the kids loved it).  You never know what you'll see just wandering around.

01 Nov 2010
David
More than 50 messages post

I stayed here before.  http://www.eiffelpark.com/location.html  If you book early you might get 157 euro a night for 2 people, or 2 rooms made for family accomodations (4) people for 321 euro.  It is in a great location in between the eiffel tower and hotel des invalides (where Napoleon is burried).  Along the Quai d'orsay near one of the bridges along the way to the tower you can spot the miniature twin to lady liberty.  The arc du triumph and champs elysses are always a must visit.  The louvre is outstanding as well a sacre coeur church.  Outside Paris is the palace of Versailles. 

17 Nov 2010
Aaron&Zafera

David-

I looked up the hotel and it looks very nice and it has great reviews. Do you know by chance if they have a car service to/from the airport or did you just get a cab or use public transit? 

Thanks!

17 Nov 2010
David
More than 50 messages post

They do offer Shuttle service from and/or to the airport.  Just call ahead.  Last time I took a taxi from the gare du nord (north train station) when we took the chunnle from London, and used the shuttle service from the hotel to Charles de Gaulle airport coming back.

09 Oct 2011
martin

Adagio Eiffel Tower Hotel

We stayed there last November.  Its like a 5 min walk (2min drive) to the tower.  There are 5 of us and we were able to get a great room.  Hope this helps.

10 Oct 2011
Scott

My family and I went to Paris this past summer and it was great.  As for a hotel we opted for a apartment instead.  We got a loft that slept four, it was me, my wife, and our two kids.  The place was perfect.  For what it would  have cost for one night in a centrally located hotel we were able to stay three nights in the apartment.  It was nice to wake up and cook our own breakfast each morning.

If you are interested try flipkey.com or airbnb.com.

Good luck.