follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Education » Childcare on or off base, besides the CDC
05 Oct 2010
Concerned
Childcare on or off base, besides the CDC

Hi, we have been here for 7 months and we had our children in the CDC but with the increase in rates we were not able to afford to put them in the CDC anymore. I have been offered a job, but I am currently waiting for childcare. We have heard that the childcare centers outside the support site are really good. Can someone please give us information about any Italian daycare centers or if anyone knows of someone that would be willing to watch our children in our home. We have 2 boys that are 2 years old and 1 year old and we also have a daughter that is 2 months. Thank you.

20 Oct 2010
Sara
Re: Childcare on or off base, besides the CDC

Hello

I would like to work with children. I am a mother of two kids and  a teacher as a background.

I know it is difficult to decide in this way but if you are interested let me know and we can talk.

Sara

07 Nov 2010
Mary

Candra.  I have chosen to place my son (21 months old) at Scuola Materna di Lorenzo in Gricignano a few days per week.  This is daycare run by three nuns primarily for Italian Mothers who work outside the home.  I send my son with snacks, lunch and changing items - it is not supplied.  The facility is clean and small, two qualities I like.  The children take a nap in the afternoon - so I also leave a stroller for my son to nap in.  If you would like to come to this facility with me one day let me know.   They are closed on traditional Italian feast days/Holydays such as 15 August, 1 November, 8 Dec, etc.  Mary

23 Dec 2010
Concerned

Mary,

Can you please give me the information for the school where your children attend? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
Candra

23 Dec 2010
Concerned

Sara,

I can be reached at 629-5896 or 345-091-8704. I would love to talk to you and see if you are still interested in watching my children.

Thanks

Candra