follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Sport & Recreation » Water Polo
24 Sep 2010
Heather
Water Polo

Does anyone know any information about Water Polo Leagues in Naples?  We are moving there in January and our son plays varsity high school water polo here.  He also plays in a club league sponsored by USA Water Polo.  I've tried to Google search Naples water polo (in English and in Italian), but can't find any info.  I know Italy, especially the Amalfi Coast, is Europe's hotbed for water polo.  Any help is appreciated.

12 Oct 2010
Kathy
Re: Water Polo

http://www.countrysportavellino.it/

This sport center is located in Avellino, about 45 minutes from the Support Site. It is beautiful and offers tons of activities. My husband plays soccer there all the time. If you are at the home page under the words  Attivita` Sportive click Piscine Coperte (covered pools) under that listing will be all kinds of water sports including Pallanuoto written in bold. 
I know that people from all over the area come here to practice a variety of sports and they can certainly give you more info about regional teams. Pro teams often host kid/teen sport camps for basketball, soccer etc..If you'd like me to call and get more info for you before you arrive just let me know, we'd be happy to help :)
Kathy

16 Oct 2010
Heather
Re: Water Polo

Thanks everyone.  At least we now have a place to start.  I know that if he wants to play water polo, he'll have to play out in town.  We had looked into the swim team as well (at least it's something).  He swims on the HS swim team now, but he only does it to condition for water polo.  Thanks again.  If I find any specific info, I'll pass it along to you.