follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » "Services"
31 Aug 2010
KIFORNEE
"Services"

Being in  Naples for four years I have come to realize that you never take the small things for granted! I will not go into much detail about the small things that a lot of people complain about, but I would like to suggest that giving a little credit where credit is due shows a lot of appreciation. A lot of people who offer "SERVICES" on here do not come up to par and I feel that they also do not take "our" living destination into consideration when they cancel orders on you at the last minute knowing that our resources here are VERY LIMITED! With that being said and done I would like to thank "THE CAKE LADY" Marilyn for taking 2 hrs out of her day to comb and scour the internet to help me find and put together a perfect birthday package for my daughters 1st birthday. I just can't wait for the cake now because I've had them before and everyone else who's had them would agree with me that her and her cakes are the BEST! So if you need a reference... here it is!

01 Sep 2010
Sara
Re: "Services"

Could not agree with you more.  People dont realize that when they make a promise and dont follow thru, its affecting many people.  Either way, I too was informed at 8pm on Friday that I would not have my cake for a 5pm Sat party.  The party was for both my sons and about 20 guest.  Frantically I called Marilyn "heavinly cakes" im assuming its the same lady.  She made my sons an amazing cake (both looking and tasting).  Worked on it till the last minute and even delivered it to the bowling alley.  Koudos Marilyn!!!!  There is no way I will use anyone else from now on....

02 Sep 2010
Jeremy

Hello to all that have ill feeling towards the Cake Lady! I understand why you would be upset about me having to cancel a cake order last minute and I am very deeply sorry, but I am not sorry why I did it. You forgot to tell everyone on here why I had to cancel your cake orders, so let me! My 9 month old daughter was in the ER that weekend and was very sick and still is sick. I needed to take care of her as my family comes first and foremost. That being said I think you would understand considering that these cake were being made for your children. So I ask that you put yourself in my shoes. If it were your child in that situation you would take off work, cancel a birthday party, or do what ever you needed to take care of them. I could understand if I made your cake and it didn't look as you had wanted or if the cake tasted bad, but that was not the case. As a matter of fact just about everyone that I have made a cake for has emailed or called telling me how much they enjoyed their cake. I have had plenty of repeat customs so I must be doing something right. As for the other lady complaining about me not taking her daughters birthday cake order, it says in my add that I only take one cake at a time AND IF I'M ABLE to do another cake that I will. Half of the payment is due to book the date so no one else can. I was told by Kifornee that she would call back the next day if she wanted to have a cake made by me and what date it would be for. I didn't hear from her for the next three days and in that time someone else had called and booked the date that she happened to want. She left me with no phone number to contact her. This service is a first come first serve. I'm not about to turn someone else down because there might be a possible cake that someone wants to book.  Like I said first come with a deposit, first serve. You do realize that I live on this base as well and am very aware of the very limited resources. That is one of the reasons I started to make cakes. I wanted to be able to provide an alternative to the commissary cakes. Like I said I am truly sorry that I had to cancel your cakes, I did feel very bad about that at the time, but as I also stated before MY FAMILY COME S FIRST! So before you come one here and bash me, explain the whole story. That being said, I'm glad that you will continue using the other lady for your cake because frankly I don't want to work with someone who doesn't understand the importance of family!

Sincerely,
The Cake Lady!

02 Sep 2010
William

Being someone from the outside looking in, Cake lady you have every right to be pissed at people coming on here and putting you down.  Like you said "family comes first".  Don't let these people bother you at all, sounds to me like they have no life and nothing better to do than post crap on here.

I'm just amazed...all this over cake.

02 Sep 2010
KIFORNEE

First off Sonja if the shoe fits wear it! I was speaking of people in general. I called you the very next day and you even emailed me the next day so do not even go that route. I would not expect you to make me something that I did not even book! Furthermore you never even mention a deposit. Maybe you are the sick one and not your kids. Although I do hope your daughter feels better soon.

02 Sep 2010
kg

I have had the "Cake Lady's" cakes and they are AMAZING. They taste and look great! She takes what you want out of a cake to an entirely different level that leaves you not wanting to cut into it because it just looks like a piece of art you don't want to ruin. So anyone not wanting to book with her I have to say you should reconsider it. She is such a sweet lady and will take care of you!

She had a very good reason for canceling that cake order. I have a 5 month old and he is number one priority in my life. And I am sure that anyones kids take first priority in their lives as well. Being that the canceled cake was for a first year olds birthday party, you should be more understanding of the situation she was in. I know for a fact that she felt horrible for having to cancel that order. But you have to do what you have to do. & I'm sure your refund is being/was returned.

But anyways, I have to say that "The Cake Lady's" cakes amaze me and she does an amazing job. So grow up and deal with your problems with people by talking it out with that person to their face. We're not in high schoo lanymore so bashing someone publically and online is just plain immature. Do something worth your time & age.

02 Sep 2010
Sara

Actually, if read my post, you will see that I never once mentioned your name.  I believe this post was started to give kudos to Marilyn who was able to help some people out in a bind...not to bash you.  Also, I posted an earlier ad looking for someone to help me with finding a cake last minute.  Maybe you should look that one up.  I actually stated that I was not upset with you b/c I understand that family comes first.  I too am a mother and understand that family is FIRST no matter what.  However you did leave me in a bind, and I did want to Thank Marily b/c she really did come thru.

One last note. I sent you a message about getting my deposit back.  I wasnt stressing it b/c I figured you were busy with your child.  However since you had time you reply to this post im assuming that I will get a msg soon regarding getting my money back....please.

03 Sep 2010
KIFORNEE

I guess that Sara and I are the only ones on the same page here. No one was calling out any names but Sonja decided to take it to another level. Katie you are right we are not in high school and no one was here to bash anyone! Neither Sara or myself was bashing anyone. But since you have so much to say and want to meet someone in person you can call me at 3473939521 and we can arrange to do just that!

03 Sep 2010
Jeremy

Sara,

Sorry about the delay of getting your deposit back to you. You can pick it up anytime you like.

Kifornee,
 Continue to think and say what you want, and I'll do the same. It seems like you are the one taking it to a different level, telling me that I maybe the sick one. On this post I have only wrote about my cakes, situation(s) pertaining to to my cakes, and the booking process.  I have to be very organized when people order from me. I write down everything from the moment I speak to a person, save all emails and messages. So I do know the first time I spoke to you was in April and you said that you would call back closer to your daughter's birthday. You called back in August to discuss the cake and then told me you would call back whether you wanted the cake or not but you wanted to discuss it with your husband, which I totally understand. However like I stated before, I am not going to turn someone else down who is booking a date with a deposit because I might have a possible cake. That's just bad business for me. I had no number to contact you at to check the date you wanted. I didn't hear from you until three days later on Naples all hands, and yes I did email you back on the same day telling you that I was very sorry but someone else booked that date. So you can tell who ever you want what you want, I really don't care anymore. This is the last post I'll be writing on here about this subject. I think this is asinine and have better things to do.
Sonja, THE CAKE LADY  

11 Sep 2010
Tyler

You're all so very silly.

12 Sep 2010
Carly

Dang people, all this talk about cakes has made me want one. My mouth is watering thinking about delicious cakes and pretty decorated cakes. Yum!

16 Sep 2010
d

Kifornee...if you've had "the other cake ladies" (hysterical) before, then why did you go to "Jeremy" first.  Sounds like with you not calling back and then coming on here and posting this you were trying to drum up business. 

This is a pretty specific post lol, I'm afraid that you're argument about not talking about "Jeremy" doesn't hold water and seems pretty highschoolish to me!

16 Sep 2010
Marilyn

Ok, I had refused to partake in this nonsense since it started to escalate into something more than what it originally was.

Kifornee & Sara - Thank you very much for the acknowledgement.

Sonja (The Cake Lady) - I pray that your daughter has regained her health 100% and hopefully you can get back to work and continue to show us your beautiul artwork and creativity through your cakes. You truly do make beautiful cakes.

Everyone else - Let me set the record straight and hopefully those who choose to carry on this drama may be able find something else to do with their time like "Read a book!"

Now, Kifornee originally contacted me about a cake for her daughters birthday cake 'months' ago, however, she then became undecided on whether or not she would hold a birthday party. So as a 'normal business person' would do, I continued to take orders and focused on fundraising events I participate in with my fraternity. THEN, when Kifornee did decide to have a birthday party I had told her that my weekends for the month of September were completely booked! THIS IS when she contacted Sonja!

Question: This makes sense right? If you can't get the product from one store you go to another? Answer: RIGHT!!!!!

Now, to set the record straight - I suggested to Kifornee that she contact Brittany or Sonja but Brittany had taken her ad down. (No disrespect to you Brandy but I know Brittany and I have tasted Sonja's cake myself). It was NOT until Sonja had contacted Kifornee to inform her that she would be unavailable that I had decided to make the cake for Kifornee's daughter. By the way, both Kifornee's family and mine are very good friends, so for me to suggest that she commission 'someone else' to make her daughters cake obviously indicates that I DO NOT have a problem with it!

As for Sara, I have never met her or spoke to her in my life! She was a customer in desperate need of a cake for a birthday party and I am thankful for her that everything worked out.

I myself have spoken to Sonja about a cake that I have asked her to make for a district conference I will be attending in December and we both agreed that this whole argument on NAH is RIDICULOUS!!

@ Tyler -I agree wholeheartedly!

@ D - It appears that you were looking for another response to this blog which appeared to be over with the nice little humor Carly had left...Why would you have to "Light the Fire" up again?

FINAL NOTE: CAKE IS CAKE - IT IS A DELICIOUS DESSERT THAT IS MADE FOR PEOPLE TO ENJOY DURING CELEBRATIONS, DONT' TURN IT INTO A SUBJECT FOR AN ARGUMENT!

I hope that this will end the argument and I appreciate the acknowledgements from the 2 women who originally posted and I believe Sonja had the last word - let's try to leave it at that!

Marilyn - Heavenly Cakes!

16 Sep 2010
d
Re: Re: "Services"

Cit. Marilyn wrote:

@ D - It appears that you were looking for another response to this blog which appeared to be over with the nice little humor Carly had left...Why would you have to "Light the Fire" up again?

I'm not sure that you know anything about me or know what response I wanted.

The subject isn't about the cake really.  It would have upset people if we were talking about any service, as was stated in one of the posts.  Kifornee, made it clear that you made wonderful cakes, she's had them many times and knows you. that she was upset with "Jeremy"  (too many cake ladies to keep up with real names for me.) for not producing one that she needed on a certain date. I now underdstand that you weren't able to do it .  Thank goodness you suddenly had time to do it for her!!!!!

"Jeremy", I hope your little one is doing better, it's just awful when they're sick.  I have two daughters that haven't ever been in the hospital, but if they were a cake would be the last thing I was thinking about.  Don't fret over miguided comments, we aren't all judging you harshly.

16 Sep 2010
KIFORNEE

"D" apparently you can't read and it seems that you are also having a hard time understanding that the discussion has long been over. Things got taken out of context as they often do over the internet. I have since seen and spoken with Sonja and set the record straight! No need to go into detail or give you an explanation because your approval was not asked and nor is it needed! On another note Marilyn well said! Have a great day everyone because I know I will.

16 Sep 2010
d

Yes, apparently you're right.  I cannot read.

When you post grievances or kudos on an open forum it's only common sense that people are going to remark.  Isn't that the point?  Perhaps if you don't want others' opinions you should have kept it to yourself in the first place.

Of course I read into this wrong, you obviously had no problem with the services rendered.  In fact, it now appears to me that the remark "maybe you are the sick one and not your kids" meant "please feel better soon."  Just in case you didn't understand the "context" of this post, let me be perfectly clear, and HONEST...this is sarcasm.

19 Sep 2010
Jaime

Wow.