follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » Fireworks in the morning?
30 Aug 2010
Elissa
Fireworks in the morning?

UUUGH What is with these fireworks in the morning and afternoons ... Maybe I am missing something but I saw a few go off and they are certainly fireworks. 

30 Aug 2010
Jeannie
More than 50 messages post
Re: Fireworks in the morning?

hah! You must be new here - welcome to Napoli! Italians will light off fireworks anytime, any day, for birthdays, holidays, celebrations etc.

30 Aug 2010
KIFORNEE

I have been here for 4 years and this is nothing new.... it just takes some getting use to.

30 Aug 2010
Elissa

No, I know all about the Italians and their love of fireworks but this has been a bit much. If you live on ss, you couldn't have ignored it the last 2 days ... I was just wondering if it was in fact fireworks, maybe I was missing out on some holiday they celebrated idk .. but its only during the day which I don't understand. What the heck is the purpose of fireworks during the day?

30 Aug 2010
TNT

August 30  is ST. PAMMACHIUS Day after the death of his wife he spent the rest of his life taking care of the hospice.  August 29 was The Beheading of ST. John The Baptist.  There is a Saint to be celebrated for everyday of the calendar year.....yeah that's what I said :)  As far as the fireworks during the day no answer for that.  I have asked several locals on the support site and off and no one knows.  I know people have said "just get use to it"  well I have been here for 2 1/2 years and I still have not, who can get use to the sounds of something that mimics automatic gunfire in the morning? better yet who would want to? or even better should you?

30 Aug 2010
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post

There is a fire work factory right next door to the ss so the making/testing of fireworks is on going year round.  Last year it blow up (killed 2  people) It was such a large bang the tiles of the NEX fell off.  I guess for us after 6 years here we don't notice them any more.  New year is spectacular though.

31 Aug 2010
Elissa

Ahhh ... I bet the holiday is the cause of it all, since this morning I didn't notice any fireworks ... I have been here for a new years that was certainly interesting. It is wonderful, I love the Italians spirit for celebration and fireworks but I just didn't understand the ALL day during the day thing. It seems like a waste to do them during the day, while yeah you can still kinda see them its not quite as nice as it is during the nighttime. I had no clue about the factory though, that could explain a few things too ...