follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » Cloth Diapers
22 Aug 2010
Elissa
Cloth Diapers

I was just curious if any of you out there use Cloth Diapers. It really has less to do with living here more to do with experience. I wanted to give them a go but my tight budget really doesn't allow for a 40 dollar starter pack for the fancy ones they make now to decide I don't like them. I wanted to know what other mom's (and dad's too) thought about them.

23 Aug 2010
Alicia
Re: Cloth Diapers

Hi! I cloth diapered both my kids and I tried a lot of different brands and styles through the years. Please feel free to contact me and I can give you details.

23 Aug 2010
Elissa

I know that they are expensive to start, but save money in the long run ... There are a MILLION styles and brands out there that make it even more daunting to choose between disposable and cloth ... as silly as it sounds the world of diapers is pretty scary to me, this is like the only thing I have been completely up in the air about. I know that most people who gave cloth a go end up swearing by it ... so I figured I would get a trial pair and she how it goes ... but I haven't a clue which to buy. I figure even if I am not so into it ... at least I have something as a back up in case I go scatter brained and run out at 2am on a long holiday weekend (I live on base and am not familiar with anything that is open ... nor do I really think anything in Italy is open at that time store wise) I guess what brand did you like best? do you prefer the one sizes to the choice of sizes ? What do you wash them in? Anything special I should know? Where do you buy them .. online or do you know of a place around here? Have you sewn your own ... lol there are just a million questions.

26 Aug 2010
Jennifer

I am a nanny for a baby that uses cloth diapers.  We have used alot of different brands but prefer the ecobum and flip brands.  But with that being said the mom has about 10 newborn G diapers that she is looking to give away.  Would you be interested?  For cleaning...we soak the diapers in a hot water and soy based odor reducer/cleaner.  Then we just wash them on the hot cycle in the washer.  I hope this helps.  If you are interested in taking the diapers off of her hands let me know.

27 Aug 2010
Elissa

I would be interested, I was looking online for some gently used ones to give them a try. I saw the flip ones and liked them because they are so interchangeable. I should be popping any day now I have some disposables to start me off, but the less money I am sinking into them should I choose to do cloth the better, cloth are an investment for those who don't have much to pay upfront you know.

09 Sep 2010
Chris & Fran

I have been using cloth diapers for 3 years, nearly 2 here in Italy. I have tried *many* and even have a whole bag of some to get rid of. I used disposables for my eldest 2 and much prefer the cloth. Some places online have trials for like $10 where you get a whole stash of different used diapers to give them a try, and then you mail them back after a while. I highly recommend those because you can get a feel as to what kind you like (I never used the trials though).