18 Aug 2010
sara
homeschool

Hi, the enyone know if it is a homeschool group on base? thanks

18 Aug 2010
d
Re: homeschool

Sara,

There is a home school on base, I will dig the info up for you.  Sometimes it's listed in the panarama.  Here is one group and the lady does scholastic books, but she is a very good resource for all that is homeschooling!  There is also a family P.E session that is made up of almost all homeschooled children at the fitness center.  It starts up when school starts so if you go to that class you'll find a wealth of information through the mothers there.  They do a lot of book swaps and things when groups of mom's give away the books/cirriculums they aren't using anymore.  Check at the fitness center i guarentee you'll find people that LOVE to help out other moms. 

I have the name of another mom who is just a fantastic resource.  I will see if she has a contact number that she's willing to give out.  For now here is the link to the address.  If  you call the number at the bottom of the page she'll help you out and give you a ton of info.  She's very nice and very helpful.

http://www.naplesallhands.com/docs/ThingsIwishIknew.pdf

I hope this helps you in some way!

19 Aug 2010
sara

thank you so much D.

19 Aug 2010
d

I just realized I copied the wrong link!  I am so sorry, here's the correct one!

http://napleshomeschoolgroup.blogspot.com/2010/02/scholastic-book-orders-february-are-now.html

27 Sep 2010
Erika

Are there any  Homeschool Groups in the Licola/Lago/Quarto Area that would be interested in a Children's Italian class offered at a small Private Italian school.  My children's school is currently developing a program for American children to take Italian.  The cost would be around 5E/per class hour and you could pick the number of classes per week.  Please let me know if there is any interest and you can work with me to make the program fit homeschooling needs.  If there is any interest for an adult class, that is a possibility also.  Please call me at 340-891-6095.

Thanks,

Erika

27 Sep 2010
Crystal

Can you tell me what the age group for the Italian language class would be?

08 Oct 2010
Erika

The children will range from 3yrs to 5th grade.  Like age groups and language levels would be grouped together.  Since it is in developement stage, please let me know what you would like to see, I can make the suggestion to the school.  They also will offering Spainish instruction.  They have to have at least 5 children sign up to make the class go.  Multiple-children families will get a discount.  If you have any other questions, please call me at 340-891-6095. 

Thanks,

Erika

07 Nov 2010
Mary

Sara,  There is a homeschool group on base - Naples Christian Homeschool Association or NCHA.  One or our very talented members kept that blog up but has since PCS'd - we pretty much communicate via the Yahoo Group site we have at napleshomeschool.  Please feel free to visit the yahoo group page for information.  We meet Wednesdays at the SS gym from 1 - 2 PM for gym if you want to meet a group of us once.  Welcome to Naples and homeschooling.  Mary