follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Has anyone ever been to Serapo Beach in Gaeta?
13 Aug 2010
Jess
Has anyone ever been to Serapo Beach in Gaeta?

Hi. My family and I are looking into going to a beach in Gaeta. Has anyone visited any?

13 Aug 2010
jelena
Re: Has anyone ever been to Serapo Beach in Gaeta?

The sea in serapo is quite clean, even though the beach is VERY crowded. the beach is divided into many "stabilimenti balneari" organized with umbrells and beach chairs, bars and restaurants. it is quite exensive to hire umbrellas and chairs there (i think at least 30 euros) if you move some miles further you will get to the PIANA DI SANT'AGOSTINO, a few miles before getting to sperlonga (which is a nice place to see...), well, ,the sea there used to be (and i think still is) very very clean and the beach is not that crowded. it is  quite difficult to reach the beach, the shore is very high (it is called the spiaggia dei 100 gradini - 100 steps) but it worths the effort... you can also park the car "downstairs" but, be prepared it is quite expensive. i advice a place called PAPARDO' which has umbrellas, chairs and a bar. if you get there early in the morning (9.00 - 9.30 ) you can find a good parking place ( repeat quite expensive...) but it'll save you the climb  'n the wayback....the bar downstairs prepares good sandwiches and the view of the bay is amazing. there's another place a little further called AENEAS, even better organized but very expensive... avoid saturdays and sundays.. you will likely get stuck in the traffic jam before formia.... enjoy hte place!!!!

13 Aug 2010
d

Just at Serapo..i liked Sperlonga much better

13 Aug 2010
sara

It is realy nice ,the beach and the town ,and people the awsome ,we live there before ,right now there are lot of people  .you loved

14 Aug 2010
Geraldine

I have to agree with LK.  I looked up the beaches and decided to go to Serapo, but when hubby called a friend who used to be stationed up there, we were told that Sperlonga was much nicer and we bipassed Serapo.  Sperlonga was beautiful.  Very quaint, but there is everything you need... shops, restaurants, gelateria, etc.  We paid to park... 10 Euro for the day, very reasonable we thought.  It is very beautiful, not very crowded and very clean.  There were some waves so my kids were able to "learn" how to boogie board a bit.  They are only 5 and 7.  We decided to "look" at Serapo on the way back and it is a much calmer beach... meaning no waves.  A large lagoon type setting.  Much more popular with the tourists so it was very crowded.  We were glad we went to Sperlonga instead! 

14 Aug 2010
Jess

thanks everyone for your suggestions ;-)