follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Off Topic » engine oil
11 Aug 2010
mary
engine oil

Does anyone know of a car care store?  I went to the autoport to by oil for my car and they don't have it.  They also said they don't know where to get it!!???!!

11 Aug 2010
Jaime
Re: engine oil

You have to buy it in town.  Use an oil coupon from the NEX or just buy it.  I think it may be less expensive to buy it out right.  BTW, I've had full service oil change at the autoport.  

11 Aug 2010
Heather

The NEX autoport is a rip off at best.  They have damaged cars from simple oil changes (used wrong filter for a friend's vehicle).  You can purchase oil at the auto hobby shop next door and do your own oil changes (make sure you buy a filter first).  Auto hobby should be able to help you if it is your first time, generally not very difficult.  Make sure again that you have your own filter (buy at the Next autoport or online at autozone with free shipping to fpo) and have your vehicle registration and ID for the first time you purchase oil at the hobby shop.  You can also buy oil at the major chains out in town (Auchan) or small auto parts shops, but it is a little more expensive, especially for synthetic.

11 Aug 2010
robert

I agree the hobby skills center is the place to get the oil it starts   @   $3.5 and goes up from there

12 Aug 2010
mary

Thanks everyone, I will go buy my oil at the auto hobby shop!

12 Aug 2010
Jonathan

You can easily get engine oil at Auchan or Carrefour.  Depending on how picky you are regarding your oil brand, you can actually purchase a liter at either store for less than the NEX charges for an oil ration coupon.  I purchase 4L containers of diesel engine oil for 19 Euro at Auchan and then take it to the Autoport to have them change the oil...I have yet to have a problem.