follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Health » Fertility Clinics in Naples, Any Advice??
04 Aug 2010
Lisa
Fertility Clinics in Naples, Any Advice??

Hi, we are newly arrived in Naples and looking for a fertility clinic to pursue IVF. I have already gone through testing in the U.S. and it is our only option. I found a clinic here in Naples before arriving, The Center for Assisted Fertilization, but aside from information listed on their own web site, have no idea how to find out if it is a good place to go. Has anyone heard anything, good or bad, about it? Any other clinics you recommend? The Naval hospital will not provide any input on this, they are not allowed to give out any opinion on Italian medical services, which is ridiculous, so I am having to do research any way I can. They said contact the U.S. Consulate, which I have just e-mailed. Thanks so much for any input or advice on this.

13 Aug 2010
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post
Re: Fertility Clinics in Naples, Any Advice??

I have a frined who has just PSC'd she would go to (darn it, now I forget the country LOL) Any-who I can put you in touch with her if you like (I just need to drop her an email first) but she has been going through IVF for sometime now, I am sure she can relate to you.  Drop me a message here if you want her info once I have been in touch with her, she is a sweet heart and am sure she will be happy to chat with you.  Joanne

13 Aug 2010
ANON

Hi Lisa,

I can't speak specifically to any local fertility clinics, but I can tell you a bit about what you might expect from Italian medicine vice American medicine.

The NAVHOSP can't give you recommendations, which I know can be frustrating.  However, let me say that 'private' Italian clinics are known for being very good (I've used one in Rome and one in Naples).  They are good because they specialize in their area - that is all they do, day in, day out.  I've also found them to be decidedly more thorough.

They will likely expect payment up front.  Best to inquire in advance if they will take your insurance.  If they will accept your insurance, you will need to bring in a Guarantee of Payment (in Italian) from your insurance provider.  If being paid out of pocket, you will need to pay up front, generally prior to or immediately following your appt/procedure.

Be prepared that they may not accept your US test results (they aren't translated into Italian and they need to have their own understanding of your health).  Being as thorough as they are, this is a positive thing.  If their results differ from those in the US, don't immediately discount the Italians - chances are, they could be right.

Bottom line, you need to do what you feel is right for you.  Go visit the clinic if you get the opportunity.  If it is clean, efficient and busy, then there is likely a reason for it.  Have you ever heard it said that you should only eat at a restaurant if it is frequented by Italians, because you know it will be good.  The same can be said for medical care.  Good luck!!!

14 Aug 2010
Lisa
Re: Re: Fertility Clinics in Naples, Any Advice??

Cit. Joanne wrote:
I have a frined who has just PSC'd she would go to (darn it, now I forget the country LOL) Any-who I can put you in touch with her if you like (I just need to drop her an email first) but she has been going through IVF for sometime now, I am sure she can relate to you.  Drop me a message here if you want her info once I have been in touch with her, she is a sweet heart and am sure she will be happy to chat with you.  Joanne
Hi, yes, please put me in touch with her.

14 Aug 2010
Lisa

Thanks for advice. We do not have any other insurance, aside from Tricare, which will not cover any costs for this. Also, the clinic in Naples is operated by a British doctor, so they will take my test results since there is no language issue.

14 Aug 2010
Lori

Lisa what is the name of the fertility clinic??  As I have been going through fertility issues myself and regular meds aren't working and so IVF is our next option too. Thanks.

15 Aug 2010
JoAnne

Will do Lisa, I am going to drop her an email right now :)

16 Aug 2010
JoAnne

Lisa, I have her email and phone # drop me an email or call me at home after 9:00 tonight (I teach a college class Mondays) 629-5738 or leave me a message if I am not there in my office 629-4390 and I will give you her phone # and email.  She is more than happy to tell you where she went in Europe and what she had to do etc plus cost.  Chat soon, Joanne.

16 Aug 2010
ANON

Ladies,

Good luck!!!

17 Aug 2010
Lisa

To the person inquiring about the clinic in Naples, here is their web site: http://www.centrofecondazioneassistita.com. The clinic was founded by, and is directed by, a British doctor so there will not be a language issue.

17 Aug 2010
Lori

Thank you for the info.  Let me know if you have any sucess!!  Good luck!!

11 Dec 2012
sharon

Hi, I know this was a while ago now.....But I am in a simallar situation and just wondered if you went to the clinic and if so did you have any success?I am hoping to arrange an appointment soon. 
Sharon

31 Dec 2013
Larry

My wife and I are moving there in the next couple of months and looking for a review of the CFA Clinic or any other Fertility Clinic in Naples. We have gone through the testing and in the 1st cycle of IUI and unsure if we will get a second cycle in (if needed) before moving.