follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » Sigonella, Sicily
30 Jul 2010
Lori
Sigonella, Sicily

I was wondering if anyone has driven to Sigonella, Sicily??  We have the GPS cooridnates but are not sure if there are tolls or how much the ferry is to get over to Sicily?? Any advice too is very welcomed.  We plan to make this trip next Wednesday.  Thank You.

31 Jul 2010
Alisha
Re: Sigonella, Sicily

We drove down.  The tolls were less than ten overall.  The ferry ride over is about 24 euro.  Make sure you take note of which one you came over on if you bought a round trip ticket because there are multiple ferry companies.  The route closer to the coast was faster for us because the inland route had a lot of roadwork going on.

31 Jul 2010
Lori

So how do we know what Ferry to take over  to Sicily??  Also, how many hours does it take to drive there?

02 Aug 2010
Alisha

Our entire trip took 8 hours to get to the base at Sigonella including the ferry ride.  It doesn't matter which you take over our GPS took us right to the ferry docking and we just bought our tickets there.  Just make a not of which one you head over on if you buy a round trip and save its location on your GPS so you will easily find the right one on your way back.

02 Aug 2010
Lori

Thanks for all the great advice, but I will be taking the train with the kids afterall.  Just not sure how much the cab ride will be from Catina to Sigonella..

02 Aug 2010
Francesca

Lori, be aware that the drive from Catania train station to Sigonella is abt 40 min. It would be quite expensive by taxi, if you find one @ the station this time of the year.

03 Aug 2010
Lori

well wish us luck because thats the route we are going..Hopefully 60 euro will cover our ride to base.  I don't know of any other way to get to Sigonella from Catina.

14 Jan 2013
Shaun

Here's a link to Sigonella MWR's taxi company.  It's usually 40 Euro from Catania to Sigonella.  https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/883_575160435831976_56761368_n.jpg

09 Apr 2013
Erica

I'm trying to plan a trip to Sigonella.  What do you think is the most efficient way to do so if I want to go over Memorial Day weekend?  Flying, driving, train, or ferry?

11 Apr 2013
Cristina

Just take a plane: 1 hour flight. Then rent a car at the airport: you will be in Sig about 20 minutes later.Have fun! Go visit Catania downtown and walk!!!