follow us on twitter
find us on facebook
add post Forum Index » Travel & Tourism » New Restaurant??
14 May 2010
Mandy
New Restaurant??

I saw a guy putting up new restaurant signs on the awnings at TLA....Bambusa. Anybody know anything about what kind of restaurant it will be and/or when it is opening?? Just curious :)

15 May 2010
d
New Restaurant

Mandy,

I read that it will be run by an italian, but they will be serving American and Mexican. I also heard that they might be doing breakfast, which will be very nice!

15 May 2010
Lori
new restaurant

I hope they hire different cooks and staff, and a local supplier. The food at Applebee's and Friday's before that was just nasty. And when you have to order 3 different things before you can get something they have all the ingredients for, that's just not right.

26 May 2010
Maria
restaurant?

A Chili's restaurant there would be better it would offer a variety of foods but they need to train the Italians better at cooking American food. Italians cooking American and Mexican food = DISASTER!

26 May 2010
JoAnne
More than 100 messages post
restaurant?

Friday's, Applebee's now Bambusa 3rd time lucky. Lets hope it's good, that they keep enough food in to support the menu and it stays longer than a year :) Right now I will take anything over the food court and there is only so much Italian food (as good as it is) a person can take in 6 years LOL!

29 May 2010
Jaime
I'm sure you mean Italians untrained in A/MEX food

Lori has it right. It's not the country of origin, but the quality of training and ingredients.

I would not generalize by saying Italians can't.... or American's can't....

I'm American and make great authentic mexican food and I'm pretty darn good at Italian and pretty ok, Chinese. Would you say a Cordon Bleu trained Nigerian chef could not make French food? Just silly. I've heard some folks say they hate Italian food in Italy. Same folks that say, soft shell tacos or hard shell tacos. Chili's does not server bfast. It should be a Denny's type place so TLA folks can feed their children with little hassle and good taste.

30 May 2010
d
restaurant ingredients

I believe that these restaraunts, Italian, mexican whatever have to get all the ingrediants through commisary, or "American" ingredients. They're not allowed/supposed to go out in town to get the ingredients. So an actual original taste for food isn't really ever going to be accomplished.

30 May 2010
Christina
Restaurant Opening

Does anyone know when the restaurant is going to open? I haven't seen anything posted yet.

30 May 2010
ABE
re: restaurant

Jaime:

Fantastic idea about a Denny's-type, 3 squares a day restaurant! Too bad there's not a survey/idea box b/t restaurant closings!

Also, I'd be curious to see if they get their ingredients from the com, as they would be getting discount items from the gov't to make a profit, which is supposed to be illegal. In Japan, where things ran efficiently (Welcome to Naples, where newbees get indoctrinated to corruption through suffering at the hands of both on and off base situations--I'm jaded by my recent landlord nightmare.) gov't members would get sent back home for catering to school faculty that had no cafeteria.

30 May 2010
Jaime
Not sure?

I don't know, it would be interesting go find out. I"m betting it's not legal on many fronts for them not to use the commissary. The burger joint on CAPO uses patties that look like commissary patties. Maybe that is how you buy them out in town too? May be the only way they can pass food quality inspections. I just hope it's good. We can give input to the NEX or MWR for food places. The issue is who is willing to take up the contract? I'd love to have the money to open a place.

31 May 2010
Randy
Local Vendor

From what I have been told, there was only one American style restaurant that even put in a bid for the place and it was the same guy who does Taco Bell, KFC, and A&w in the food court. Bambusa is a local family who have a fantastic place somewhere out in town. I have been there on several occasions and enjoyed it. The beer selection this place offers is also amazing. I think everyone will be very happy with it!

05 Jun 2010
Christina
Bambusa

FYI Everyone!! I attended the USO Sweets and Treats Coffee on Thursday. I, along with several other people, asked about the new restaurant. According to Mrs. Rabuse the hold-up with opening is getting the facilty up to (electrical) code. The goal now is to have Bambusa open prior to the 4th of July.

06 Jun 2010
Jaime
Bambusa'd not bamboozled I hope.

Bambusa'd not bamboozled I hope.

26 Jun 2010
* Unknown *
Re: New Restaurant??

any news on the opening date??  Looks pretty dead over there...

28 Jun 2010
* Unknown *

I worked at subway for 3 years in the recent past. We HAD TO purchase food from the commissary and from the subway brand provider state side. the food is controlled by stateside agencies and the military hosp. food inspectors. some european brands don't come up to par. thats the answer to that. and bambooza should be tasty, they are a good family thats been servining the american community for a good 25 years in Pinetamare and Gaeta.

01 Jul 2010
d

Thank you for clearing up the FACT that restaraunts have to buy from commisary.  It only makes sense that food that is served on base has to be up to par with American standards. 

01 Jul 2010
Christina

For those of you who didn't attend the Town Hall

Meeting last night...the CO says Bambusa will be open by Labor Day...of

this year (Yes, he was being facetious)...the point is he wouldn't say

except that it is "close to being opened".

10 Jul 2010
Tim and Kristina

Has anyone ate the one in lago its good and the food is great.